xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Jan 26, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #256 of 2,087
  you miss the point, I am not trying to make my Ipod something other than it is designed to do.....X2 in my opinion  does better in sound. 

Nano is designed to be mp3 player. With Rockbox it's better mp3 player... So no, I don't miss the point.

This week, I will compare X2 to Video. I feel, however, that the iPod will be better.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #257 of 2,087
Nano is designed to be mp3 player. With Rockbox it's better mp3 player... So no, I don't miss the point.

This week, I will compare X2 to Video. I feel, however, that the iPod will be better.

The point was if you have an orange why try and turn it into an apple? Also it is expensive to buy an ipod just to make it like something else. If you are looking to come out of Apple and into something else for quality reasons or format support the X2 is a start and a lovely little device packing a punch. I think you will be impressed and for how much it costs also.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #258 of 2,087
I guess you just don't understand the idea of Rockbox. But it is worth a try.

Xduoo will compete with Clip+ and Fiio X1.
iPod Video is out of the competition - iMod destroys Sansa and Fiio. I will compare them just out of curiosity.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #259 of 2,087
  Does anyone using Xduoo x2 with Mac OS X 10.10?
it seems that since x2 uses  FAT32. and this might be the  problem when try transfer large audio files to X2. some folders became just zero size files.
my solution has been to transfer one to four folders at time. In addition it is very slow transfer even with very fast SanDisk Extreme 32GB Micro SDHC SD 80 MB/S 533x UHS-I Class 10 SDSDQX-032G.

Cheap devices slowly read or write memory card, and do it more slowly in the FAT32. If you need a high speed - use a card reader
PS I got Lexar 64GB Class 10 microSDXC (LSDMI64GBBNL300). The Lexar, formatted in FAT(FAT32FORMAT, default settings), works well with the player Teclast X30SE(card max support 16GB) and tablet FNF ifive X2(card max support 32GB). Write speed(card reader, Total Commander 8.0) in exFAT - 26000kB/s, FAT - 15000kB/s. Used one week. Soon I'll order the player and then check with him.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #260 of 2,087

Good idea. I will try that. But I think I found the problem. I decided to run the card thru the test and did fail 0.2 MB/s.
I think it is a fake card. I try to test the card using card reader to make sure before returning the card

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #261 of 2,087
I'm having the same problem, a folder I added doesn't show the files, still looking into it, tried removing tags doesn't help.

I always remove the card for file transfer so it appears X2 is having some problems with newly added material.

I will look into it, though suggest everyone else keep tinkering around.

Edit: My issue was simply a case of adding an ALAC album to my card by accident (not FLAC). I have duplicate albums in FLAC and ALAC, I'd added a folder in ALAC format by mistake.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #262 of 2,087
Looking to buy my first DAP to take the load off my iPhone 4S. (Well, technically my first was a Creative Muvo I bought over 10 years ago with a quarter gig of storage, lol). Almost went with Sansa Clip + but changed my mind.

Going to order today from Penon along with a Vsonic Vsd3 iem with upgraded cable!

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #263 of 2,087
Looking to buy my first DAP to take the load off my iPhone 4S. (Well, technically my first was a Creative Muvo I bought over 10 years ago with a quarter gig of storage, lol). Almost went with Sansa Clip + but changed my mind.

Going to order today from Penon along with a Vsonic Vsd3 iem with upgraded cable!

For the money you can't go wrong. This is quite a nice little player. It will likely replace my Clip+ for out-and-about listening.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #264 of 2,087
For the money you can't go wrong. This is quite a nice little player. It will likely replace my Clip+ for out-and-about listening.

Yea, I almost ordered the Vsonic GR07be. Now I feel like I am getting WAY MORE for about the same price, lol!

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #266 of 2,087
  I have to say the x2 pairs pretty good with the vsd5. Quite a nice combo.

What's your impression about VSD5?

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #267 of 2,087
  I guess you just don't understand the idea of Rockbox. But it is worth a try.

Xduoo will compete with Clip+ and Fiio X1.
iPod Video is out of the competition - iMod destroys Sansa and Fiio. I will compare them just out of curiosity.

I understand the idea of firmware updating and moding, don't get me wrong or think I am having a pop at you in anyway. It is the same idea as using Tomato on your home router its just odd to see someone mod an Ipod as most Apple users are ITunes set in their ways and the only way is Apple. If I wanted to buy an Ipod and Mod I would look at investing my funds into another player all together. This is just me...I work with a load of Apple lovers and if i suggested that to them I may have well spat on their mothers grave or something. :) I have had a look at the firmware and it looks very interesting, thanks for the info Inszy

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #268 of 2,087

What's your impression about VSD5?

Well, I shared my initial impressions in the vsd5's thread. It's cooler in tone, clearer and a bit more articulate overall than vsd3s. The bass is flatter and tighter but might be light for some people as it doesn't have the vsd1's or vsd3's impact and body. Whether the price difference is worth it is a different question. IMO given that I got my vsd3 for 37 bucks on pre-order, it's like an 80% price increase for the vsd5 and I'm kinda pondering about its merits

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #269 of 2,087
Not sure if anyone else encountered this.

Got my x2 today, went to turn it on, and it displayed a message saying there was no memory card (I forgot to stick it in), and it turned off. I put one in, and tried to turn it on. I won't. I took it back out, and it won't even display that message I got at first. I tried re-formatting, using the RESET button, giving it a couple hours on the charger....

I may have gotten a malfunctioning one. I'll continue trying things. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I opened the back, disconnected the battery, pressed RESET, put it back together, and it booted up. The card was empty, and it gave an empty card message, then shut off and is doing the same thing again. -_-

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #270 of 2,087
Not sure if anyone else encountered this.

Got my x2 today, went to turn it on, and it displayed a message saying there was no memory card (I forgot to stick it in), and it turned off. I put one in, and tried to turn it on. I won't. I took it back out, and it won't even display that message I got at first. I tried re-formatting, using the RESET button, giving it a couple hours on the charger....

I may have gotten a malfunctioning one. I'll continue trying things. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I opened the back, disconnected the battery, pressed RESET, put it back together, and it booted up. The card was empty, and it gave an empty card message, then shut off and is doing the same thing again. -_-

Perhaps you should try reformatting the card on a computer? Just a troubleshooting guess. Maybe the card is making it malfunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back