xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED!
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #1,771 of 2,087
I've been using my new xduoo x2 for couple of days now.
But i encountered the "no file" problem when I tried to play music on folder. Ive searching on this thread, and found that looks like it was a limit folder problem.

I have about 286 album folder on my 64gb micro sd, did I need to make the total of my folder only 100 and delete the rest of it? or there's another solution for this?

I could be wrong but think I remember seeing 32gb is the largest supported? I haven't tested this and am only using a 16gb card though.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,772 of 2,087
I could be wrong but think I remember seeing 32gb is the largest supported? I haven't tested this and am only using a 16gb card though.

Yes it is written on the specification that the maximum is 32gb, but some people and review said that it could run 64gb too and they never said about getting a problem from using 64gb card.
On my case some music file still could be opened, but on the other some it just encountered "no file" on the screen when I tried to play the file.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,774 of 2,087
I've been using my new xduoo x2 for couple of days now.
But i encountered the "no file" problem when I tried to play music on folder. Ive searching on this thread, and found that looks like it was a limit folder problem.

I have about 286 album folder on my 64gb micro sd, did I need to make the total of my folder only 100 and delete the rest of it? or there's another solution for this?

Annoyingly I dont think there I a solution . But yes, seems to be a 100 subfolder limit. Wondering whether hiding folders within folders might help ??

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #1,776 of 2,087
Annoyingly I dont think there I a solution . But yes, seems to be a 100 subfolder limit. Wondering whether hiding folders within folders might help ??

I've done it with grouping different band and singer in one folder. I made total folder become 97 folder.
Still encountered this "no file" issue.

If it was firmware issue, hope xduoo could expand the limitation issue on the next update.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,777 of 2,087
I've done it with grouping different band and singer in one folder. I made total folder become 97 folder.
Still encountered this "no file" issue.

If it was firmware issue, hope xduoo could expand the limitation issue on the next update.

Hmmm not sure then, I get the 'no file' msg after about 100-105 folders . But yes it I annoying when I can only use half of a 32gb card

May 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #1,778 of 2,087
I would like to inform you how to fix a bricked xduoo x2. This happened to me, so I will share how to fix it. you have to do is flash the firmware xduoo x2 on the PC. before making sure you have installed the drivers that exist in xduoo tools. sorry for my bad english, just sharing information among users xduoo x2.

May 1, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #1,779 of 2,087
Originally Posted by ****edbylife /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to inform you how to fix a bricked xduoo x2. This happened to me, so I will share how to fix it. you have to do is flash the firmware xduoo x2 on the PC. before making sure you have installed the drivers that exist in xduoo tools. sorry for my bad english, just sharing information among users xduoo x2.

how did you brick it??!

May 6, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #1,782 of 2,087
i just ordered mine, $49.98 with free shipping from a well reviewed aliexpress vendor tenmak rated 4.9@754. i'll mainly be using this to drive a bicycle trailer sound system with the unit mounted on my handlebar for thumb control. i was originally planning on getting a sansa clip jam as i had a clip zip and liked the crisp sound quality, small size and card slot expandability, but after asking for recommendations here, someone suggested the X2 and even before i started reading reviews, was instantly turned on by its aluminum case and push button controls making it look like a miniature stereo component. some day down the road i might upgrade to a high end player, but i'm hoping that the X2 proves satisfying enough playing uncompressed WAVs.

thanks head-fi community for finding superior products to what's available in local department & electronics stores.

i can't wait to have a "49 CD changer" mounted on my bike's bars

May 6, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #1,783 of 2,087
For all the guys encountering the 'no file' error - it was happening to me too when using my 64gb Adata.
I formatted it to fat32 using this program:

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I used this because it seems that the Windows formatter can use fat32 only with storages up to 32gb.
After the formatting I've put tons of folders on the card and no more error so I suggest you give this a shot.
Hope this helps.

May 6, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,784 of 2,087
  For all the guys encountering the 'no file' error - it was happening to me too when using my 64gb Adata.

I used this because it seems that the Windows formatter can use fat32 only with storages up to 32gb.
After the formatting I've put tons of folders on the card and no more error so I suggest you give this a shot.
Hope this helps.

ok, excuse my ignorance; I use this even though my SD cards are already fat32?

May 6, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,785 of 2,087

Hope this helps.

I'll try this then give feedback to this thread. I almost buying new micro sd because of this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back