Xduoo Amplifiers
May 15, 2022 at 6:07 AM Post #1,321 of 2,010
I have DAC Topping D10s connected before the TA-26 and I also had problems with interference, but it wasn't hum. Thanks to the ground loop, I received noise from the CPU, GPU and HDD from my PC via the USB cable to the DAC. I temporarily disconnected the ground wire at the power cord and the interference stopped. Then I already knew where the problem was and everything was solved by the already mentioned USB isolator Topping HS01. Of course, I reconnected the power supply ground wire.
Thank you. I will look into that topping and the ifi sugestions. Maybe is as simple as insert one of those.

May 15, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #1,322 of 2,010
Honestly, I have met with a hum so far with one vacuum tube, a Russian 6N8S from 1989, but for the price of 6USD I did not expect a miracle. After approx. After 80 hours of burning, the hum level has dropped, but when there is no signal to the amplifier, I hear very little hum in the right channel. And the tube also suffers from microphone ... The 6N8S has ended up in the stand and the new Tung-Sol and EH are in perfect order.

May 15, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #1,323 of 2,010
My "hum / Buzz / Whistle" problem was EMI/RFI noise induced into the 5V powerline Ground of the USB connection from my PC (GPU mostly) to my Topping D90 DAC, so my solition was the iFi iDefender+ is for those battling with noisy audio due to unwanted ground loops in their audio chain:

iFi iDefender+
https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender-plus/

Hey, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad to read that our iDefender+ helped you out with that noise issue. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 15, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #1,324 of 2,010
I have DAC Topping D10s connected before the TA-26 and I also had problems with interference, but it wasn't hum. Thanks to the ground loop, I received noise from the CPU, GPU and HDD from my PC via the USB cable to the DAC. I temporarily disconnected the ground wire at the power cord and the interference stopped. Then I already knew where the problem was and everything was solved by the already mentioned USB isolator Topping HS01. Of course, I reconnected the power supply ground wire.
I have the Topping HS01 as well and it fixed my problem. I later put an Emotiva power conditioner inline before my surge suppressor and that got rid of any noise in the system. Everything is now inky black with no hums or buzzes.

May 17, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #1,325 of 2,010
Hi everyone,

I’m in the middle of discovering the realm of tube amp for a couple of weeks now and i would love to get my first one soon.
My goal is to drive my Meze Liric ( planar, 30ohms/100db sensitivity) and my Focal Stellia( dynamic driver, 35ohms/106 sensitivity).
i’m looking for a very “tubie” sound :)
from what i understand OTL amp like the ta-26 are not suitable for my headphones but seems to have the most “tubie” sound of all xduoo amps…
the ta-30 is a OTL?? Or a hybrid?? I Don’t know to be honest, couldn’t fine the info :frowning2:

For those who has a ta-20/ta-30 AND a ta-26 , can you please tell me the difference in “tubiness” sound from these amps please?

other question : if i use the ta-26 as a pre-amp and connect it to my Fiio K9 pro, now is it suitable for my heaphones?
Do i loose some of the ”tubiness” sound by using the K9 as an amp?

Hope i’m not asking too much questions in one shot :wink:
Thank you very much in advance guys :)

May 17, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #1,326 of 2,010
Much of the "tube sound" comes from output tubes. Hybrid designs like the TA-30 and TA-20 will have some midrange bloom and warmth compared to most solid-state amps but not as much compared to all tube design like the TA-26. Of course, the bass response will be better with the TA-30/20 compared to the TA-26, especially with lower impedance cans like yours. The TA-26 should drive your Meze and Focals to fairly high volume, but I imagine it has a fairly high output impedance and your bass might be soft. It would pair better with high impedance cans like some of the Senns or Beyers.

I have a TA-30 and it's a pretty good all in one solution. It has a ton of power, a pretty good DAC and uses common tubes. It does sound different from my all tube HP8Mk2 and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

May 17, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #1,327 of 2,010
Good day,
I would like to ask if anyone in TA-26 has experience with the PSvane UK-6SN7 preamplifier tube? Or with which amplifier tube (6AS7G, 6N5S, 6080) ? But I'm interested in your opinion on UK-6SN7 ... :wink:

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #1,328 of 2,010
Good day,
I would like to ask if anyone in TA-26 has experience with the PSvane UK-6SN7 preamplifier tube? Or with which amplifier tube (6AS7G, 6N5S, 6080) ? But I'm interested in your opinion on UK-6SN7 ... :wink:
Hi. I never heard it. But a friend of mine had it and liked it a lot. He thougt the PSvane bringed more clarity to the sound compred with the Shuguang Black Treasure. But for some systems could be too much. Nothing like try it in your own system.

May 19, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #1,329 of 2,010
My point is to find the best playing tube for the TA-26 from the current production, but at a reasonable price. Well rated is from PSvane 6SN7-SE, but they are sold at a local dealer only in pairs and a couple of these tubes are for the price of almost the entire amplifier. That's why I'm looking at the UK-6SN7 tube, which has an acceptable price for me. That's why I'm finding out if anyone has the experience and evaluation of the sound of this preamplifier tube in the TA-26.

May 23, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,330 of 2,010
I've purchased a great little accessory for my TA-26 or any headphone amp with only a 6.35mm connection:

DD ddHiFi DJ65B 6.35mm Male to 4.4mm Female Audio Adapter for Desktop Amplifier
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-hifi-dj65b?variant=42531382886639
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003981015647.html
1653338235500.png1653338259700.png
(photo credit to ddHifi, lifted from hifigo.com )

What a relief, now I can swap back my custom length GUcraftsman 6n Silver 4.4mm headphone / extension cables on my Headphones and IEM's instead of being stuck with the short stock 6.35mm/3.5mm cables!

I had been swapping cables on my headphones/IEM's when listening between my TA-20 4.4mm / XLR output and my new TA-26 with only the 6.35mm output. I finally gave up and kept the stock 6.35mm/3.5mm cables on all of my headphones / IEM's so I could easily move my headphones between both amps

I was a bit concerned about using this as I thought there was no safe way to convert between balanced and SE using an adapter. IDK what is in this new adapter, but I don't notice any audio degradation, to my ears there is a big improvement in the audio. :)

Is anyone else using this adapter?

Update: My ddHiFi DJ65B 6.35mm Male to 4.4mm Female Audio Adapter has been working great!

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #1,331 of 2,010
Hi everybody. So i recently bought a Sylvania 6SN7GT (bad boy) and im realy liking the sound in my TA-26. My question is if for being a GT and not a GTA/B the TA-26 is not going to "finish" this tube soon. Im asking because i read something online about the Darkvoice stating that 6SN7GT have diferent specs and are not optimal for use with that amp as it will be depleted much sooner than a 6SN7GTB for example.. i have no technical knowlage.. thank you

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,332 of 2,010
Hi everybody. So i recently bought a Sylvania 6SN7GT (bad boy) and im realy liking the sound in my TA-26. My question is if for being a GT and not a GTA/B the TA-26 is not going to "finish" this tube soon. Im asking because i read something online about the Darkvoice stating that 6SN7GT have diferent specs and are not optimal for use with that amp as it will be depleted much sooner than a 6SN7GTB for example.. i have no technical knowlage.. thank you
I've asked Xduoo, as some amps are designed to run at the higher plate voltages possible on the upgraded GTA / GTB versions, but that is to deliver high wattage output from output tubes for speakers.

Xduoo doesn't need to push the 6SN7 tubes as hard in the TA-26 is a headphone amplifier with much lower output wattage required.

Per response from Xduoo the TA-26 runs the plate voltage within the original 6SN7GT range. Xduoo answered that the 6SN7GT, GTA, GTB, and GTC are all compatible - as is the 5962.

A 1957 CBS Hytron 5962 is currently in my TA-26, and it is one of my favorite sounding tubes in the 6SN7 position of my Xduoo TA-26.

I've posted before on this subject, you can search this thread and others, here's a quick search within this thread for my posts for "plate voltage"
https://www.head-fi.org/search/9673...c[thread]=682282&c[users]=hmscott&o=relevance

Here is a nice article on tube rolling on the Xduoo TA-26. It has a lot of interesting info, but doesn't seem to have spoken with Xduoo directly. I've found it helpful to read as much as I can find, and then ask directly service@xduoo.com with any lingering questions:
https://audiofool.reviews/tube-rolling-the-xduoo-ta-26/

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #1,333 of 2,010
Thank you for all the info.

So, i will have some tube rolling to do tomorrow.
I will have:
1-Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB tall d getter(usa)
2-Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB (russian new production)
3-Sylvania 6SN7GT botton getter (bad boy i think)
4-Marconi 6SN7 (rare and insanly expensive)
5-Unknown 6SN7GT short bottle, side getter, faded green label, black base(Sylvania?)
6-RCA 6SN7GTB Coinbase

I will post my findings 😀

Jun 8, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,334 of 2,010
Well, my first review.

RCA 6SN7GTB Coinbase - Didn´t work :frowning2:

20220608_154025.jpg

The Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB USA made- The bass is not so full and prominent as in the other tubes. Is punchy, not bloated at all. The sound stage is wide, with good separation of all elements of the music. This tube is really on the brighter side compared to the others. Good and clear treble. This tube is the more Solid State like than all the other tubes. I use a EQ for my Sennheiser HD600 that works really well with this tube. For all the other tubes i had to change the EQ profile to another less "bass heavy". Second row music experience. Everything is in front of me and i can see all the instruments and sound stage is really wide. I love these for dance/pop and rock music. Very punchy.

20220608_153945.jpg

The Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB New Russian Made - Very soft tube. Less punchy that the old USA version. Pleasant sound but a bit faraway in the center. Very laid back. Sound is clear without too much bass but not very defined. Third row music experience.

20220608_154104.jpg

Unknown 6SN7GT - Nice sound but too much bass. Not so detailed.

20220608_154043.jpg

Sylvania 6SN7GT - Very sweet, but also detailed. Sound is fuller than the Tung-Sols. More body. Bass is also more prominent and present. The center of the stage is closer now especially noticeable with vocals. Overall very balanced sound with very sweet treble and open mid range. This one gives the music a warm welcome. First row music experience. Very close to everything, with a somehow narrower soundstage compared to the Tung-Sols.

20220608_153736.jpg
20220608_153828.jpg

Marconi 6SN7GTB - This one is different. This is a Sylvania in steroids. The sound is now all around your head. The characteristics are very close to the Sylvania, but the presentation is different. This is a center stage music experience. You are not looking at the music, you are in the middle of it. Is quite strange to me to be honest. For the first time, i fooled myself to think i was listening to my old pair of ProAc Studio 100 speakers. I don't know if is better than the Sylvania or if i'm going to get used to this kind of headphones experience but is quite exciting. Also, i got this for less than 15$ so, i think i made a good deal.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #1,335 of 2,010
Hi all.
Last week I bought an Xduoo 602 tube hybrid amp to use with my Grado SR325x.
I’ve swapped the stock tubes for a pair of Voskhod 6J1P’s. Quite a noticeable improvement in sound quality immediately. I’ve used these for about 12 hours now.
Have also got some GE JAN 5654w and Sylvania 9003 1980 on order.
I’m new to all of this tube swapping and I appreciate it is a big rabbit hole, and very subjective.
Has anyone got experience with this amp and classical music please? If so can you tell me which tubes you think suit that genre please? Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back