Xbox 360 Headphones & Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 HELP!!!
Oct 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SpoonyPizzas

New Head-Fier
Hey people, 

I need some help... as suggested by the subject.

I currently have a Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 Surround Sound kit hooked up to my Xbox 360 and I've been told by my girlfriend I need to get some headphones as it's too loud when she sleeps lol
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I don't want to keep unplugging leads from the back of my Samsung LE32R73BDX 32" HDTV.  

Is there anyway I can have a switch... so I can switch between the two?  Headphones & my Pioneer system.

I'm a total hardware newbie when it comes to speakers/headphones so go easy before spitting out technobabble
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks in advance for helping and I'll be checking the forum regularly for answers.

smily_headphones1.gif

Spoony

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 5
i use an astro mixamp for my headphones, an optical audio cable runs out of my xbox into the mixamp the mixamp has a headphone port and a dolby audio processor built in for better positioning in games. with the mixamp running the sound on the xbox you wouldn't need to have the television volume on at all.

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 5
i use a set of audio technica cans for my gaming, a splitter would work with a rca to 3.5mm adapter on one side or a logitech 5.1 game adapter. but the quality would suffer, you keep the 5.1 signal when using the optical cable where as you would be reduced to simple stereo with the normal adapter, either way works, one way is cheap but i would recommend the other as i have been using the optical and mixamp soluiton for a couple years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back