XBA-3/ XBA-30 thread.
Feb 4, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #451 of 1,196
They sound great out of my two Cowons, Z2 and J3. as well as my Samsung Galaxy 3.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #452 of 1,196
I own my XBA3-ip for a month now and I just love them. Before I had AKG K370 and these are so much better.
I only use an iPhone 5 and Accudio to listen to FLAC files. First few day my ears hurt a bit, I use the large silicon tips, but now they fit perfectly. Detail is very very good and everything is in balance in my opinion.
I know, it's hard to describe as everybody has a different set of ear's. I am a bassplayer for 30+ years and I think(hope) I can still hear the finesses of music.
Anyway, I love them and listen to them every single day in the metro.

Greetz Philip

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #454 of 1,196
Feb 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #456 of 1,196
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #459 of 1,196
I just came back from 1 week of vacation and used my XBA-3 with Samsung S3 on the beach every day and just want to report that it was pretty good. I didn't heard the metallic high that some reported. Very happy with them (specially for the price we got them here in Canada :wink: )

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #460 of 1,196
Even though I don't have any complaints with the XBA-3 ( I even got them reshelled). Somehow, I feel it is not able to handle extreme metal genre's well. That said, electronic music sounds wonderful.

I can't really put my finger on what exactly is wrong. Maybe my sound preferences are a little different. Still trying to figure it out.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #462 of 1,196
Quote:
Even though I don't have any complaints with the XBA-3 ( I even got them reshelled). Somehow, I feel it is not able to handle extreme metal genre's well. That said, electronic music sounds wonderful.

I can't really put my finger on what exactly is wrong. Maybe my sound preferences are a little different. Still trying to figure it out.

I find the opposite to be true. The XBA-3 is very good for fast metal due to the amazing instrument separation and detail. The bass and double kick bass drum is adequate and impactful. 

I prefer my Miles Davis Tribute for electronic music because it's more intimate, warmer, and has fuller bass / sub bass. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #463 of 1,196
Quote:

I find the opposite to be true. The XBA-3 is very good for fast metal due to the amazing instrument separation and detail. The bass and double kick bass drum is adequate and impactful. 

I prefer my Miles Davis Tribute for electronic music because it's more intimate, warmer, and has fuller bass / sub bass. 

I don't know how to explain this. I am not saying they are bad but seem to like RE-262 for metal. Maybe, its the kind of sound I prefer. Also, I feel my cans do more justice to metal.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #464 of 1,196
Quote:

I don't know how to explain this. I am not saying they are bad but seem to like RE-262 for metal. Maybe, its the kind of sound I prefer. Also, I feel my cans do more justice to metal.

Well, most cans are made of metal right?  Soda cans, tin cans, cans of food. :wink:

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #465 of 1,196
Quote:

Seems like you want a colder type of sound. Lots of people love Grados for rock/metal for that reason. The smoothness and warmth of the XBA-3 doesn't really bring out the aggressive nature of that kind of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back