X3II next firmware bug / improvements wish list
May 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 89
  Would it be possible to get an equalized signal through line and digital out, as in the X5? Or is it a hardware based limitation?

Meanwhile I have found out that the equalizer is still active through the coaxial output!
tongue_smile.gif
But only if the EQ is displayed before inserting the coaxial cable!
frown.gif

In exchange I have another wish: Please implement a sleep timer with a fade out! Without the fade out it's virtually useless.
frown.gif

May 10, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #17 of 89
Some of my lyrics, although properly highlighting the current line are highlighting the line off the screen under the time bar. Lyric sync seems correct. The current line is just not shown in the middle of the screen. The highlighted line ends up underneath the bottom time bar.

May 17, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 89
  Meanwhile I have found out that the equalizer is still active through the coaxial output!
tongue_smile.gif
But only if the EQ is displayed before inserting the coaxial cable!
frown.gif

In exchange I have another wish: Please implement a sleep timer with a fade out! Without the fade out it's virtually useless.
frown.gif

Sadly both points haven't been included in firmware 1.1. Could you please respect them for firmware 1.2? Why is the equalizer blocked in the X3 II at all?

May 18, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #21 of 89
It is rare for me to pipe up and say I do not agree on a proposed feature, but I will do so now. 

In the menus, one can pick between USB storage and DAC mode.  If am happy to leave it at that.  If the unit asked me what to do every time I plugged in the usb cable, it would be quite annoying.

So I do not want a feature that prompts me what to do when a usb cable is attached.

On the X1; every time you set the machine up in line out mode it warned you with a yes/no choice when you plugged in a cable.  Something along the lines of "Hey pal I am in line out mode.  Are you ok with that because it can blast your ears to kingdom come if you are wearing headphones.  Proceed anyway you silly person, choose yes or no".  Slows you down a bit when plugging it into the car.

OK I am being a bit irreverent on the message you but get the picture.

May 23, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #23 of 89
The usb otg media should be scanned into library. Or at least give the option to scan it to library. An on/off toggle in the menu would be good.

Many of us require the additional storage and keep it in place. I understand this has been requested many times before with the X5.

It is time to implement this. Please JamesFiiO and Joe Bloggs

May 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #24 of 89
I really appreciate the new X3II, the sound is amazing to my ears. However there are some functions (mainly on user interface) that slow down this great experience.

1) As mentioned by WayneWoodirts, I fully agree to include the possibility to add songs (from an album, an artist, ...) to the playing list by adding the options in the menu. This is most important point for my usage

2) When searching by album or artist, it should be great to browse by first letter with bottom keys (A, B, C, ...) and then make fine browsing by the scroll wheel

3) When searching by genre, we should be able then to browse by album (instead of having all songs of same genre in alphabetical order)

4) I don't now if it possible, but a small display of the clock should be great to verify quickly the time after being listening deeply music

For me, these changes should really improve our experience.

May 29, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #25 of 89
  One more wish:

I would prefer if, when being paused, the player would stay paused after skipping to the beginning of the current song (or the next song). Now it begins to play in this case (other than the X5).

And also, when turned off for the first time with 'Remeber Position' setting on, it should start paused rather than begin playing immediately. This is super annoying.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #26 of 89
Possible for scroll wheel to default to a volume control when the X3 is being used as an external DAC? Otherwise it kind of just sits there and doesn't do anything.

Also, how hard would it be to implement a search function?

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #29 of 89
Also, embedded lyrics files please?

I have found no easy automatic way to download .lrc files in a way that FiiO likes for my 5000+ songs.

You can setup foobar2000 to auto download .lrc files and auto name to the same name as the file name of the song. That is what I do. Works well. Just select as many songs as you want and select find lyrics. It will search and download through the whole list.

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #30 of 89
1. Please please remove the 5800 song limit. I have really enjoyed the player so far but haven't finished loading my entire library which is >20,000 songs.

2. I saw someone else suggest "when searching by album or artist, it should be great to browse by first letter with bottom keys (A, B, C, ...) and then make fine browsing by the scroll wheel". This would be incredibly helpful (quicker) for larger libraries and a great improvement over the previous iPod classic to search through many artists.

This is my first post here but I understand fiio does a great job at listening to what it's user are saying. I read through many reviews on this site when deciding on this new player and know it will be incredibly popular with people looking for iPod classic alternatives. I realize that has not been your target audience necessarily with your DAPs. There will be a large void in the marketplace soon with no more iPod classics and I think with a few minor firmware updates that Fiio will be the major player to fill the market.

Thanks for making a great sounding player (to my novice ear). Thanks even more for listening to your users!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back