X-LARGE tips?
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dougeefresh

500+ Head-Fier
I am having a hard time finding correct tips.
I just got the Sony Hybrid and even the large ones are too small.
Can anyone tell me where I can get tips that are larger than the conventional "large" sized tips? Just silicons, not looking for the foam type as they hurt my ears. There are for Miles Davis.

Btw, I have the Sony Hybrids for sale (new, unused) if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Anyone?
I lost all of my tips during a trip so I am really in need of replacements!

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Same problem different iem. The only xlarge that i've seen came with the Brainwavz B2 (3 mm nozzle size) that after some work i finally got on and using on my Sony XBA-4 (4 mm nozzle). It would be almost impossible to get them on a Miles Davis (6 mm nozzle).They hurt my ears a lot at first and still do a little if i wear for them a long time. If you find something that fits the're probably going to hurt your ears. People wear the foam earplugs all day long at work. They shouldn't hurt after getting use to. There's a thread on this site on how to make them. You can make them cheap.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 6
I've been using the tips that came with Soundmagic E10 which were the only ones I found to be large enough.
However, I lost them and now I am stuck.
I guess I can try the foam ones but again, all the form ones I tried are too small or don't expand well in my ear to get a complete seal.
Even the foam earplugs they sell at Home Depot are too small. :frowning2:

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 6
They are too small and I have a gap when inserted.
I am going to try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/57481/how-to-make-custom-silicone-ear-molds-for-your-in-ear-monitors/
For $15, seems like a bargain if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back