X-Fi Titanium HD - External DAC clicking / Lock issue
Jan 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Asmo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all!  

I am looking for someone else using the X-Fi titanium HD pci-express card with a external DAC, using the supplied optical cable.

I am having a very annoying issue, in that with my external CIAudio VDA2 DAC that everytime I start a song, or play any audio noise on the PC, you hear a click/crackle, and sometimes it sounds like the DAC is re-aquiring the lock, its rather annoying.

The card does not exhibit this using the analog outputs.  Before i throw this thing in the trash, want to see if anyone else has same issue.

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi there,

I was thinking of getting a DAC for my X-Fi T HD next week actually, but hearing that it's not very compatible (or slight gremlins at the mo) I'm not so sure now. Hope you get it sorted soon though mate.

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, I will try to see if I can sort it out over the weekend, I was looking for someone to at least confirm they have no issue using a external DAC in a simliar setup.  

Thanks

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #4 of 6
Feb 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #5 of 6
I am thinking of purchasing this card, but could somebody explain to me why it has taken Creative 7 months from the beta to update the driver only to immediately take it down? 

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 6
The new drivers are up with the new console launcher aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back