wtb se310 vs ue super.fi 5 pro
Mar 24, 2008 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dnullify

1000+ Head-Fier
hey all!
well i am getting a birthday present from my parents, and i am torn between these two choices: se310 and super.fi 5.

i was originally planning to buy the ue super.fi 3's but, my parents heard, and told me that they would be glad to buy me a pair of headphones for my b-day. (yay!)
tongue.gif

my dad, another music obsessed person, hinted that if i was going to get a pair of headphones for a birthday present, maybe i should look a little higher. so i began to look at the super.fi 5's and the shure se 310. i did not bother looking at the se420, because my parents have made it clear that there was a limit to my spending.

i have tried my dads etymotics er6i's and his ue super.fi 4vi, and i like them both. right now i am using my tough v-moda bass freq, so i feel it is time for an upgrade.
rolleyes.gif

i have heard that the se310's have better overall clarity as far as the soundstage is concerned, but that the ue's are overall tougher.
i am really torn, as before i was resigned to getting the super.fi3s and now given the option of a higher level price range, the two seem too close.
are there any other options and which one is better?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

also, i was wondering, what is the difference between the shure se line, and the shure scl line? is there an actual difference in tech, or components?

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 9
i saw this on the shure site
"Hi-Definition MicroSpeaker + Tuned BassPort"
does that mean it only has ONE armature and some BassPort?
what is the bassport?
the ue's have TWO armatures for the same price! is there any benefit for 2 armatures over "Hi-Definition MicroSpeaker + Tuned BassPort"?

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 9
I heard the SE310 just SE210 with little more base, I heard the SE210 and newly owner of a Super.fi 5 pro, I have to say SF5 is way better and I don't think the little base can make up to it. SE210 is at SF3 lv, maybe little bit better imo, but SF5 win due to duel driver.

Mar 28, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #9 of 9
How do the super.fi-5 pro stand up against the ER-4P in terms of detail and resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back