Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
May 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #691 of 767
Can anyone tell me what the Bass quality and power output of the Fuze and Clip is like?   How is it compared to say a Sonys Clear bass set to 3+? is their bass roll off? distortion if set too high? same quesitons if Rockboxed.

May 19, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #693 of 767
Glad I ran into this thread!

Thanks for the BioEQ settings. Had to change the Treshold from -24dB to either -3 or -6dB though, the clipping was exceptionally bad at -24dB =)

May 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #694 of 767

Quote:
is the fuze good for listening to hip-hop and rap

Yes. It is not the source / player that matter for this but the earphones you buy to suit the music taste. What's your budget?
The original Fuze is one of the very best on the market regardless of price, in terms of value it is fantastic indeed. Don't buy the worse Fuze+.

May 24, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #695 of 767

Thanks for the EQ, they made mine sound even better
Quote:
Hi All,

Please see the http://www.head-fi.org/wiki/bioeq-rockbox BioEQ-rockbox Wiki as it has the download link for the first distribution of .rockbox with the .cfg files to update your player automagically with the settings the longform text file above lists out, and a folder stuffed with lovely eq .cfg files from over 3 years of research!

May 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #696 of 767

i am getting the ultrasone dj1 pro, and deciding between fuze and ipod classic.
 which one should i get? (i might buy LOD + amp after i get my pmp.)
Quote:
Yes. It is not the source / player that matter for this but the earphones you buy to suit the music taste. What's your budget?
The original Fuze is one of the very best on the market regardless of price, in terms of value it is fantastic indeed. Don't buy the worse Fuze+.

May 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #698 of 767
I dunno but they really shouldn't of fixed a thing that was far from broken. One of the few times that the R&D money should of been spent on proper marketing. The only thing that could of been improved on the original Fuze is the firmware and better build quality.

May 24, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #700 of 767

Quote:
I dunno but they really shouldn't of fixed a thing that was far from broken. One of the few times that the R&D money should of been spent on proper marketing. The only thing that could of been improved on the original Fuze is the firmware and better build quality.

I agree.  One of its best features was the ability to use a dock.  I have 2 of them.  It makes a great charging stand and gives you a place to put it on your desk.  I use the docking feature every day in my office connected to the loop out of a stereo.  They should have sold it with a dock.  They were only $15 from Griffin.

May 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #702 of 767

Quote:
fuze line out would have better SQ than ipc line out?

There are those who claim there are large differences in sound quality between HPO and LO.  The problem with "making claims" is that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

OTOH, if you look at the spec sheet for the chip in the fuze, you can see that the very small differences between the two are below the audible level. 

So for all intents and purposes the LO = HPO.

May 25, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #703 of 767

Quote:
Are they still making the original fuze?

I don't think so.....but there was no official announcement that I am aware of either. People are already reporting that they are harder to find, at least new....and the prices of new ones are going up. So if you like yours, might be a good idea to buy a spare.

May 25, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #704 of 767

Quote:
I don't think so.....but there was no official announcement that I am aware of either. People are already reporting that they are harder to find, at least new....and the prices of new ones are going up. So if you like yours, might be a good idea to buy a spare.

I have 2 clips I don't use at all......  I wish I could find a reason to buy another Fuze.....  the one I have goes with me everywhere.  You never know when or where you're going to need it.
smile.gif

I have a dock at home, a dock in my office, a patch cable for my car and Yuin PK2s in my jacket pocket.

But it has to be understood that even with flac, the Fuze > amp doesn't sound as good as a HD > dac> amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back