Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #256 of 767
I doubt we'll be seeing line out cables for the Fuze anytime soon. The market for them is just so small. I doubt it would be worth it for any company to make them. A single person might start selling them by making each one individually. I'm just hoping someone will at least make a DIY guide with pictures.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #257 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robisan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Fuze sound through the ER4S's without the amp? Can it be pushed to produce reasonable listening volume without rolloffs? With the E3 any hiss problems?

Without the amp, it sounds thin. There are no rolloffs without the E3, but the bass is quite weak and it has more to do with the ER4S than with the fuze. The is practically no hiss out of the ER4S with the E3.

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #258 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt we'll be seeing line out cables for the Fuze anytime soon. The market for them is just so small. I doubt it would be worth it for any company to make them. A single person might start selling them by making each one individually. I'm just hoping someone will at least make a DIY guide with pictures.

I've seen AV cables for the View. Would the same cable work for just audio on Fuze and e200?

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #262 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kicksonrt66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen AV cables for the View. Would the same cable work for just audio on Fuze and e200?

I saw that too. I think people said that it's a little different so it won't work. You can look it up yourself. I'm just going by memory from previous internet searches.

I agree that the Fuze benefits from amping the headphones out. I'm not sure how much it benefits compared to a true line out since I don't have one to compare to, but I do hear a definite positive difference in the sound quality using my PA2V2. Maybe others can comment if more expensive amps help the Fuze.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #263 of 767
Because of the flat nature of the Fuze, I find it amps extremely well. I have mine at max volume and I hear no hiss or distortions when using either my Corda Headsix or Ibasso D2 Viper with my Klipsch X10, Yuin OK1, or my bigger headphones like the Beyers.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #264 of 767
Dec 18, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #266 of 767
I finally took the plunge and got a Fuze!

I'm amping it through the internal amp on the Onkyo CR-315, supposedly its a discrete amp (haven't seen any internal pics, nor have I taken it apart (yet) so I haven't seen it with my own eyes).

I like it so far. Relaxed, and lets you just stick your head in the music. The Grado PRaT kinda goes away, but the music is just so much more enveloping.

I'd say this player is also pretty forgiving. Vocals on older recordings that sound unnatural through my soundcard sound normal through the Fuze. This isn't always the case, because right now I'm listening through my Monsoons and the unnatural vocals are back. Not terribly suprising, because my Monsoons are a bit on the reavealing side.

The bass is kinda soft... it isn't as detailed or as tight as I'd like it to be.

I like it better than the CD player thats built into the Onkyo CR-315, it has better highs and smoother, slightly forgiving mids.

If this player really breaks in over time, then hopefully it gets better in these areas.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #268 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, someone mentioned that all 8gb fuzes are v2, well mine is v1.

mine is also v1.

I just received my fuze today and am not disappointed. I haven't really had a real portable music player in awhile. I used to use my phone (sony w580i) or a cheap sansa c250, both of which were only average in sound quality. The fuze is a huge improvement over my w580i and a pretty decent improvement over the c250. I gotta say it looks better and smaller in person than in pictures. I can actually fit this player along with my westone 3's in the case that came with my westones. Overall I feel the player's sound is very flat and balanced which is a great match with my 3's. An 8gb player with great sound quality + ample expansion for less than $100..this is probably one of the best bang for your buck mp3 players out there right now (along with the clip of course). I don't know if this is one of the top players out there because I don't own any others, but I do know that this player sounds great to my ears and sure makes my wallet happy
smile_phones.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #269 of 767
I am loving my 8gb Fuze overall, but one thing that's bugging me is that I instinctively hit the left button when a song is playing and I'm trying to get back to browsing my song library. Instead of letting me back out of the song into my library, it starts that song over from the beginning. You have to hit the down button and then the middle button to return to the library. Is this just me?

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #270 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, someone mentioned that all 8gb fuzes are v2, well mine is v1.

Yours is silver right? I think all black 8 gig fuzes are V 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back