Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Dec 14, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #226 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by emelius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the pics...

i had read that the silver looks better than the stock photos indicate, but i had no idea that that's what the griffin dock looks like...i just ordered one ($14.99 shipped isn't too terrible) from griffin's site...

i'm tempted to pick up that silver 8gb from overstock.com...coincidentally, they have a 10% off coupon code (134868) which makes it $56.94 shipped...

Which one do you have? For some reason I thought you had the 8 GB??? Which flash card do you have?

Gotta love that Fuze !

USG

Here's a quick and dirty from a few minutes ago with my other dock.....
k701smile.gif

orig.jpg

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #227 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least we know that version V1 is solid and sounds excellent. I wonder if V2 improves on sound quality or beefs up the headphone output.

According to Sandisk, v1 and v2 of the clip have the same performance, but have a different PCB layout or something (I'm thinking to handle the extra memory of the 8gb model). I should imagine it's the same with the Fuze.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #228 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one do you have? For some reason I thought you had the 8 GB??? Which flash card do you have?

i do have the 8GB, but in black...didn't know the silver looks that good
ph34r.gif

$56.94...finger inchin' towards the submit order button...

i have a couple of 4GB cards that were very cheap...one's a class 6 transcend, the other i'd hafta go look for...i usually just pick them up when they're on special (which is often)...

p.s. my black is v1 as well so who knows why they changed the pcb & what difference it makes...

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #229 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Sandisk, v1 and v2 of the clip have the same performance, but have a different PCB layout or something (I'm thinking to handle the extra memory of the 8gb model). I should imagine it's the same with the Fuze.

My silver 8g is a v1 so that can't be it. It's the newer 8g Fuze that are popping up with v2.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #230 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My silver 8g is a v1 so that can't be it. It's the newer 8g Fuze that are popping up with v2.

Silver 8g what?

All 8gb Clips are V2 AFAIK. I didn't mean that the Fuze was changed to handle 8gb, but the PCB might've been redesigned to save cost or so they can expand the memory in future etc.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #231 of 767
we can only hope all 8gb clips are v2, but sandisk is sloppy. I would not be surprised if a 8gb popped with v1 firmware. Just call customer support and they'll ask you all sorts of questions.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #232 of 767
Fair enough! I didn't mean to sound so sharp then, read that back and almost winced! I don't know for certain what the differences are, nobody else seems to be either! Just relaying that the performance could well be the same on both versions, which appears to be the case with the Clip.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #236 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone give a report as to how the Fuze sounds through the Griffin dock's line out vs. its headphone out when used with an amp?

Comparing the Griffin dock to the headphone out at full volume I found the headphone out at full volume to be slightly cleaner than the line out of the dock. The difference was small, so I'm using the dock anyway.

(FWIW, there is no distortion at full volume from the headphone jack and the latest FW upgrade has removed the ability to adjust the volume while docked.)

I have not tried the more expensive Sansa dock, and there are no line out cables that I know of.

SanDisk has stated on their forum, that the the line out is the same as the headphone jack at full volume. I have found this to be relatively true.

USG

[[ YMMV ]]

Dec 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #238 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried one of these a while back and thought it was meh. I just bought a black one again from circuit city out of curiosity, and because it was so damn cheap- 80 bucks. All I have to say is the first one I had was defective, I think it might have had a headphone jack problem? Anyways that one had no highs and sounded small and compressed.

I just bought an 8gb Fuze today from Best Buy and I am wondering if maybe I am having a similar issue. I loaded a FLAC file onto it and am not impressed at all by the player's lack of highs and muddy-sounding mids/lows. I am somewhat ashamed to say it, but I vastly prefer the same song played on my 3G-Nano in AAC (EQ turned off in both cases). I listened to both via my Shure SE420s. ... My CD collection is currently stored in AAC format, but I want to buy the 32 gb Trekstor Vibez when it becomes available. Therefore, I have decided to ditch the iPod and AAC in favor of FLAC. I bought the Fuze hoping to use it as an on-the-go/workout player in conjunction to having my collection in FLAC, but so far I just find the sound to be so unimpressive. Also, I much prefer the greater output of the nano.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #239 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by javertim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought an 8gb Fuze today from Best Buy and I am wondering if maybe I am having a similar issue. I loaded a FLAC file onto it and am not impressed at all by the player's lack of highs and muddy-sounding mids/lows. I am somewhat ashamed to say it, but I vastly prefer the same song played on my 3G-Nano in AAC (EQ turned off in both cases). I listened to both via my Shure SE420s. ... My CD collection is currently stored in AAC format, but I want to buy the 32 gb Trekstor Vibez when it becomes available. Therefore, I have decided to ditch the iPod and AAC in favor of FLAC. I bought the Fuze hoping to use it as an on-the-go/workout player in conjunction to having my collection in FLAC, but so far I just find the sound to be so unimpressive. Also, I much prefer the greater output of the nano.

Exchange it (bb is so easy
biggrin.gif
) and see if it's defective. Maybe you just have to get used to the Sound sig. or not.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #240 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by javertim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

all of us fuze fans went through that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back