WOW. BOSE quietcomfort 15 shocked me.
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ziweiwu

100+ Head-Fier
To fight toronto subway, buses , mcdonald , starbucks noises. I recently purchased a BOSE headphone despite of general negativities surround it here. after owning  big names like M50, sony ZX700, HM5, I didn't expect much out of these light weighted, small cupped headphone. But after burn in, and some critical listen of some my favorite music, I was shocked by how good this sounds!

What stands out to me is the clarity, the intrumental seperation, the detail which some of I haven't never heard before from my other phones. The bass also holds a tight bounce, and a pleasant presentation. The price to performance ratio might draw some fire (400 bucks almost), but I felt QC15 is the perfect portable headphone for travel, studying at coffee shops, Highly recommended!

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 10
I've heard them and wasn't very impressed, especially at the price point.  I have $100 cans I prefer to them and to beats pro (the only decent ones, though again, quite overpriced).  Not to mention the beats and Bose cans are made in China.  Imagine the profit margins on that... Even Sennheiser has more decency than to have cans in that price range be made in China, they're made in Ireland (not Germany, but at least not slave labor).  Just my two cents

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 10
For their purpose they are excellent.

My pair travelled with me around 20 long haul and around 40 short haul flights around the globe.

Together with Sennheisers design they about the only Headset/phone that i can actually wear for 13 hours straight.

Comfort is superb. The ANC is also the best I know, only that there is no bypass function to let them run without ANC if battery is empty bothered me once (since then I have a spare battery in the tranport bag).

May 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6 of 10
I listened to those for the first time in a Bose shop in Germany last week. They didn't sound as bad as I expected but I wasn't impressed, especially for the price. They were comfortable though. 

May 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 10
My friend had a pair of those. I listened to them many times and came away relatively unimpressed. The sound wasn't engaging, at least from what I remember. And of course the sound wasn't as detailed as it could be. It seemed like the music was a big cohesive whole (in a bad way) because I couldn't really pick out different instruments that easily. But they weren't terrible, of course.

May 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
For their purpose they are excellent.

My pair travelled with me around 20 long haul and around 40 short haul flights around the globe.

Together with Sennheisers design they about the only Headset/phone that i can actually wear for 13 hours straight.

Comfort is superb. The ANC is also the best I know, only that there is no bypass function to let them run without ANC if battery is empty bothered me once (since then I have a spare battery in the tranport bag).

Agreed. I can't wear my IEMS on long flights, but the QC15s are terrific (also I find their active noise cancelling is much better with flight noise).  I have worn them pretty much from takeoff to landing (well the portions you can keep your headphones one for) on 14 hour flights, and for that purpose they are worth every penny of the purchase price.  They are also great when working near some of the noisier -80C freezers or computer systems at work.  They may not have an "audiophile" frequency response profile (http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3411), but they are by far the best noise cancelling phones I have tried.  Only problem is that non-audiophile people tend to really like them, and now I have to buy another set as my Fiancee has pretty much claimed my pair after I let her use them on a long flight.

They look exactly like the old QC2. Are they the same headphone with a new name?

The noise cancelling is substantially better than the QC2, and they are fairly different if you look at both side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back