Would You Buy A 3D TV?
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #61 of 65
Might as well be the only person here who wants one.
biggrin.gif

I would buy one as soon as there's something to watch on 3D.
frown.gif

I am not familiar with the Samsung but have been using a first generation 50in 3D tv (Hyundai) at work for a few months now. It is not perfect but the amount of extra details you can pick out from it is amazing. I can't wait to have one at home.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. It's a fad. I hope it passes quickly.

Again...

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #63 of 65
I'm a little against the whole 3D fad, but I really think it would be great if they could make the quality as good as what you see at places like Disney World and whatnot. Then again, I wouldn't want EVERYTHING to be 3D. It would be great for certain movies; one that comes to mind is Terminator 2 or Predator. Just imagine being immersed in that jungle and a hanging body is right in front of you.

But I hope they don't push for 3D cable TV, that would just be totally stupid. Games would be cool, but again, it would have to be for the right kind of game. An FPS would be really neat, but an adventure game might not.

I also hope they don't force it on you. I don't want the next great movie to only be in 3D. I haven't been reading much about 3D but there should be a choice whether you want something in 3D or not. I believe there are devices that can turn a normal movie into a 3D one, but you have to use a PC.

Anyways, I have a Samsung HL61A750 DLP, and it is 3D ready (supposedly). Hopefully if this 3D thing is as cool as they say, I'll be able to use it with a few movies and games.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #64 of 65
Yeah, I may see that happening.
Not in some years though. Since I would like the technology to mature, plus the fact that my TV is not even two years old.

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #65 of 65
Not anytime soon. The 3D looks blurrier than HD and quite uncomfortable. Maybe once they get rid of the glasses.

Wish they would been innovating on better image quality, blacks, motion, etc. After the death of Pioneer Kuro, the shift in TV technology innovation seemed to went backwards with this 3D, internet connectivity, edge lit, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back