Would this situation be considered an unfair advantage?
Sep 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Article
Ms. Currier has already received some accommodation from the board for dyslexia and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. She can take the test over two days instead of one, for example.

She sounds like the type that is pushing the boundaries just because she can. I'm sure there have been nursing mothers that have taken the test before without any medical consequences.

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 17
Hard to tell, since it requires registration to see what its all about...
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She sounds like the type that is pushing the boundaries just because she can. I'm sure there have been nursing mothers that have taken the test before without any medical consequences.

Oh yeah, because she has ADHD and is lactating and thus requires more time she is "cheating". I guess if you had lupus and depression your employer should fire you for poor performance.

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the same thing at first but then realized something... Damn she's pushed through alot apparently! I'm not sure if it's inspirational or what but she is definately working hard.

Now I'm wondering... she's probably going to be doing residency (80 hour weeks) so what is she going to do then?

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I'm wondering... she's probably going to be doing residency (80 hour weeks) so what is she going to do then?

exactly...

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Now I'm wondering... she's probably going to be doing residency (80 hour weeks) so what is she going to do then?

If she is a HMW she will find some item to sue!

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 17
Good for her...and good for Judge Katzmann for reversing the earlier decision that wouldn't allow her the extra time. I watched my wife go thru some major hassle and pain when breast pumping. Her employer at the time, had no wellness room so she had to do it in the bathroom and only during her break...utterly ridiculous! These women are mothers and should be treated with dignity and respect!!!

Now, everyone...go call your mom or give her a hug. She deserves it!

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, because she has ADHD and is lactating and thus requires more time she is "cheating". I guess if you had lupus and depression your employer should fire you for poor performance.

People don't choose to have SLE or depression, but people choose to get pregnant and breastfeed.

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Presumbly when this woman becomes a hospital intern/resident, she'll request extra time between calls in order to be in "equal footing with men and non-lactating women"

Theres a significant difference between a rigidly controlled enviroment like a exam situation and the normal working enviroment.

Sep 28, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Theres a significant difference between a rigidly controlled enviroment like a exam situation and the normal working enviroment.

If anything the normal working environment is more lenient, and the management is more likely to bend to unreasonable requests, especially if the one who complains makes herself a nuisance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back