Would like help figuring out how to drive a Woojer vest
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ImMaleven

New Head-Fier
I opened and looked at the control board, and found the amplifier chip that is connected to the input 3.5mm jack. This eventually leads to 2x 30W amplifier chips, I don't know if the specs on those are required as well.

It's one of these 3 TI chips and I can't tell the difference between them. The 138mW spec matches the specs Woojer provides for the vest. My Sound Blaster Play! 4(3.5mm DAC) and USB C audio in seems to fully drive the vest. But smaller battery powered receiver devices never give as much power , such as small portable bluetooth receivers and tv listening receivers connected via 3.5mm. And the level of vibration is noticeably lower.

I used a multimeter on a 3.5mm jack connected to my TV listening receiver, and it does seem to put out half the voltage as the sound blaster DAC does. My layman reading of the specs is that you need a VRMS of 2.5 or something to get full performance, but I have no idea what's going on. I would like to get some more Woojers and need more power to drive them, so this is important to know. Otherwise I have ordered a piezo contact microphone off Amazon to crudely measure the vibration strength depending on the input method used.
1713751602176.png

1713751466223.png

1713752088460.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back