Would I be an idiot for buying the K518's?
Apr 13, 2007 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Foshizzle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I already own a pair of K81dj's which I like a lot, however I think the K518's look a lot better.

I can get them for 56€(75$) here in Finland so it's not that bad.
It would be nice to have an extra pair if my k81's ever break or maybe I would put the k81´s in storage and just use the 518's.

I guess what I'm asking is whether it's stupid of me to buy another pair of headphones I already own based on looks alone?

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 16
This is HeadFi.
ANY reason to buy new headphones is valid.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 16
I would say, buy a portable amp or new phones, like Grado SR60 or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

I already own a pair of K81dj's which I like a lot, however I think the K518's look a lot better.

It would be nice to have an extra pair if my k81's ever break or maybe I would put the k81´s in storage and just use the 518's.

I guess what I'm asking is whether it's stupid of me to buy another pair of headphones I already own based on looks alone?

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Another option is to sell your old K81DJ and buy K518, K81DJ is quite ugly anyway. I dont think its really "sane" to a pair of same headphones if you are only one using them.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 16
But what if the k81's will become collectables now that they are out of production
wink.gif

As for portable amps and sr60's... I already had a pair of sr60's which I sold (as you can see in my sig) I also have a cmoy that I never use.

Maybe I'll save up for a pair of UM1's even though I'm pretty happy with my ep630 or maybe I'll just buy the 518's regardless.
biggrin.gif

When I come to think of it I should probably invest in a new soundcard first of all since I do a great deal of listening at my computer with a ****** soundblaster digital 4.1 as source.

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 16
Ah, letters are so small
wink.gif

Or just buy a bottle of Scotch
tongue.gif

Quote:

But what if the k81's will become collectables now that they are out of production
wink.gif

As for portable amps and sr60's... I already had a pair of sr60's which I sold (as you can see in my sig) I also have a cmoy that I never use.

Maybe I'll save up for a pair of UM1's even though I'm pretty happy with my ep630 or maybe I'll just buy the 518's regardless.
biggrin.gif

When I come to think of it I should probably invest in a new soundcard first of all since I do a great deal of listening at my computer with a ****** soundblaster digital 4.1 as source.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Hi!

You are NOT an idiot. I think it's a great idea.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are NOT an idiot. I think it's a great idea.

nah he's an idiot but so am i
wink.gif

seriously, i do like the look of the new k518. that only thing holding me back is, is kind of hard to find and it's almost summer time and you know summer time is iem time.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 16
Can somebody post a pic of these gorgeus new cans? I know I spelled gorgeouse wrong.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 16
I would sell off the K81 and then buy the K518. Just because it looks better. A friend of mine traded in his white Nintendo DS the day the black one dropped simply because he wanted a change of color and the store had a really good return policy.

Anyways, I don't like how the K81s look, so I consider the K518 a definite upgrade.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Can somebody post a pic of these gorgeus new cans? I know I spelled gorgeouse wrong.

I can only seem to find this cg-looking pic of them but I remember seeing a "live"shot from some expo, could have been here on head-fi.

k518dj44ec57139a4eb.jpg

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

maybe I would put the k81´s in storage and just use the 518's.

Pretty soon your place is going to look like mine
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Sure
smily_headphones1.gif

k518.jpg

k518-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back