Would a FiiO A3 or E10K be a good fit for me and my MA750i? (new to amps)
Apr 9, 2017 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sssss

New Head-Fier
Just a random newb popping in, but any (preferably concise) advice would be appreciated.

My main concern, audio-wise, is tightness and accuracy of bass (and sibilance, though the MA750i thankfully doesn't have much of it, as fas as I can tell). I'm going to get a OnePlus 2, and have been testing the RHA's with a Nexus 7 2013 (with the included foam tips, I hear foam emphasizes bass compared to silicone?). According to gsmarena, these both perform less than stellar with headphones link1 link2 , and I think I'm hearing the bump in bass in the FR graph of the gsmarena reviews and the somewhat loose/boomy bass that some people/reviews of the RHA's have described.

So my question, would the A3 or E10K adequately help getting more accurate and tight bass with the MA750i?

(I've also been checking out the Asus Zenfones which supposedly have excellent sound output, but I really like the OnePlus phones for everything else, specially the notification slider)

Thanks for reading :)

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 2
Firstly, I would take the SNR measurement on GSM arena with a huge grain of salt. Some of their measurements don't seem to be accurate compared to measurement done with more professional gear(like dScope). 

On the other hand, the Nexus 7 never was a good sounding tablet(I have one myself), so I do believe you're likely benefit from a cheap DAC. I'm not entirely sure about the OnePlus 2 measurements though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back