Worth upgrading from MS-1 to RS325i?
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #18 of 25
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #20 of 25
I'm so happy I got these, sound is just amazing. They are currently at home... I'm running some sine waves and white/gray noise through them to help the burn-in.

Also, the box has a # on it (#1050 I believe) which I am assuming is because these were a limited run. How many of these were actually made?

Does anyone know if the gold 325i's are very sought after? Also, how can I find the # on the headphone's themselves.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #22 of 25
A couple of things to note. I swapped out the L-pads the 325i's came with for the comfy pads on my MS-1. Much better comfort-wise, but I don't hear much of an audible difference.

Also- I wish grado packaged these with the 1/4" to 1/8" connector. Is there any company that produces something similar... the connector is a bit much at $15. but I do like that it gives you a few inches of cable so the connectors aren't damaged from stress.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great way to knacker your phones :-/

I researched this beforehand and couldn't find anything that said sine waves damage headphones. What's your source?

Quote:

I'd just get the PS1000's.

You contribute alot. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It can fry the voice coils. Source is a designer of drive units. Sine waves should only be used for short periods, at safe levels. Not for extended periods and not at high levels.

I remotely deactivated the sine wav file, but still can't find any other reference to sine waves damaging voice coils. Anyone else have an idea if this is true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back