Worth upgrading from MS-1 to RS325i?
Apr 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
I generally listen to mp3/lossless. Most of my MP3s are encoded at 192k and higher. Some ogg 160k+. I have a good deal of FLAC as well.

Music type is hip-hop, classical, minimal and ambient.

Worth upgrading from MS-1s (which sound lovely) to the gold RS325i's? This will be simply computer out --> PA2v2 --> headphone

Or sometimes it may be MP3 Player (Cowon D2) --> headphone

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 25
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I bought a pair of MS-1s, curious because they're much loved here at Head-Fi. And I was disappointed. I gave the "Grado sound" one more chance, and bought a gold 325i from number1sixerfan, and wow. It's a great headphone.

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I bought a pair of MS-1s, curious because they're much loved here at Head-Fi. And I was disappointed. I gave the "Grado sound" one more chance, and bought a gold 325i from number1sixerfan, and wow. It's a great headphone.

I understand, but given my audio file quality... is it going to make a huge difference? Am I even going to hear a difference?

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 25
Cowon D2 is one of greatest sounding DAPs. Not to mention your mp3 files are quite good ones as well.

YES, you will hear huge difference.

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 25
You should consider the MS1000 mod. It'll maybe set you back only ~$75, and it totally transforms the MS-1 into a new beast. IMO it comparable to my K501 - huge soundstage, great balance of sound, yet very fun and engaging. The bass quality is terrific, plus comfort level increases. You will be amazed.

Apr 22, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should consider the MS1000 mod. It'll maybe set you back only ~$75, and it totally transforms the MS-1 into a new beast. IMO it comparable to my K501 - huge soundstage, great balance of sound, yet very fun and engaging. The bass quality is terrific, plus comfort level increases. You will be amazed.

Will that sound better than the SR325i's?

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 25
bump (I hate to do this and know that it's been less than a day, but I am looking to pick these up today. a local store has 1 set of the 325i left and are offering it to me at a good price).

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bump (I hate to do this and know that it's been less than a day, but I am looking to pick these up today. a local store has 1 set of the 325i left and are offering it to me at a good price).

Buy them, you won't be disappointed. I own 325i's, I had MS-1's and sold them because there just wasn't any point in keeping them. They're nice but not even close to the 325i. Go to the store now before someone else gets them.

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 25
Yes, unamped or not, you WILL (not MIGHT) hear the difference.

Edit: Oh, at this moment you probably got yours now...

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon D2 is one of greatest sounding DAPs. Not to mention your mp3 files are quite good ones as well.

YES, you will hear huge difference.

x2 on that. D2 is pure bliss when it comes to portable audio...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back