Worth reshell etymotics? Custom single armature drivers
Aug 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 7
I think the closest thing people have done are the ety approved custom tips. I'm not sure the sound would be the same with a custom shell, as the acoustics of the enclosure wouldn't be the same, and i'm not sure the dampening material could be implemented with a CIEM, which would change the sound further.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 7
There are a couple people who got their ER4S reshelled.  I'm not sure if it makes sense because the ER4S has probably the best isolation already, maybe it was just for the look of a custom.

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 7
I thought the same about the dampening, but no one mentioned a word about resonance/acoustics reshelling the TF10 from the stock version for example, I was just wondering if someone ever tried doing it. 

Apparently nobody ever bought a single armature CIEM... :frowning2:

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 7
I think because the TF10 has an open enclosure anyway, and i did read the sound changes a little bit.

Either way, i figure it's worth a shot if you like the sound of the HF2 but not the fit.

Aug 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 7
Somebody has a broken pair and I was thinking to reshell them or at least trying. I love the Etymotic HF5 sound, the only thing I would love to have is detachable cables. Isolation is the most critical part and I achieved it using small tri-flangles so I highly doubt it's worth the effort but still I'm thinking about it like a side-project... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back