Worth getting used Aurisonics ASG-2.5 or buy a new mid price IEM?
Dec 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ZSamuels28

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I've been looking for a good mid price IEM and have been looking at the following IEMs:
Etymotics ER4PT
HiFiMAN RE600
JVC FX850
Shure SE425
Audio Technica CKR9 or CKR10

However, I got a private message today that someone is selling their Aurisonics ASG-2.5 for $410. I am weary because I haven't heard of Aurisonics and can't find much online about them other than very few reviews and a long thread on here about them. Is it worth it for me to spend a little extra and do this deal? I only know what I have read (very little) about the ASG-2.5's.

May 7, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi,
I've been looking for a good mid price IEM and have been looking at the following IEMs:
Etymotics ER4PT
HiFiMAN RE600
JVC FX850
Shure SE425
Audio Technica CKR9 or CKR10

However, I got a private message today that someone is selling their Aurisonics ASG-2.5 for $410. I am weary because I haven't heard of Aurisonics and can't find much online about them other than very few reviews and a long thread on here about them. Is it worth it for me to spend a little extra and do this deal? I only know what I have read (very little) about the ASG-2.5's.

Aurisonics are reviewed as a high-end IEM with huge soundstage and bass but with good mids that separate from the bass. It's mainly a question of if you like the sound of hybrids. I think you should also try Audio Technica's best offering of a hybrid, it's pretty good and cheaper than the ASG2.5, but if you did buy the 2.5 you wouldn't be disappointed at all.

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I listen to symphony, orchestra, Mozart, classical, and the xba z5 is by far the best, so clear and the Soundstage is phenomenal, they have the z5 on special, on ebay for 389 open box ,my brother bought them ,brand new, from ds trade in new jersey, thank god I bought these before any other ones, no sibilance. The bass is great ,I'm so happy , I laugh when I hear it,my god ,like a live concert, in flac or sacd. Wowwwww

That's a good price on the Z5. They are a killer IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back