WORST headphone you ever heard?
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,352 of 1,786
Not counting some horrid airplane headphones that I couldn't listen to even before I cared about headphones, the worst ever have been my first pair. They were a pair of Philips headphones that looked like the Fischer Audio Oldskool 70s, except cheaper. Even at the time, with them paired to a cheap portable cd player, I knew the sound was bad, but I just didn't understand that it could be because of the headphones. I thought portable music just sounded like that.

(Oldskools BTW look like this)

lol.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #1,353 of 1,786

Found this on one of my coworkers' desk.

This beats a sennheiser orpheus setup easily : Pure crackling watery, superbly narrow, veiled, empty sound.
I think it damaged my brain.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #1,354 of 1,786
Lol. I already post in the basshead club. Seriously, give me the benefit of the doubt, and go try JVC HA-M55X's with your favorite amp. You will be blown away... By sound quality (mainly bass and mids. Highs are average.). They are 50$ so ya got really nothing to lose in buying them. I was shocked at just how great they are! Ask hawaiibadboy and he will tell you about the bass handling power of JVC's. He mainly focuses on bass lol. If you need quality bass cans, go ask Hawaii first.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91q8C0awgfL._SL1500_.jpg

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,355 of 1,786
I had some WESC bass  somethings a while back.... they lasted 20 mins of listening and were promptly moved on   LOL

dull, slow, painful clamping , heavy, and ugly.... and muffled...

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #1,356 of 1,786

Found this on one of my coworkers' desk.

This beats a sennheiser orpheus setup easily : Pure crackling watery, superbly narrow, veiled, empty sound.
I think it damaged my brain.

I bet these have the best soundstage one has ever heard (sarcasm).
Didn't know here were these kind of earbuds, that just had one earbud..

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,358 of 1,786
I got akg k240's now... Wow. What graceful, beautiful sound quality...

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #1,360 of 1,786
I posted earlier I was getting these... You seem to be following me... O.O

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,363 of 1,786
Sennheiser cx 300, too much bloated mid bass, nonexistent bass definition, muddy mids, harsh upper midrange lower treble, no upper treble.
I tried some 60$ sennheiser iem's that my cousin has been using for 4 years without breaking, and I must say they were fairly detailed. Must not have been the same model... Might I add he bought a skullcandy ear bud, and then he gave those to his brother because he liked the senns much more.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,365 of 1,786
Oh. Lol. Haven't you ever listened to any basshead cans? I have a pair of basshead cans. I just got my first audiophile grade can yesterday... Before that I was using JVC ha-m55x's with an fiio E11. Now I'm using the same amp with a pair of akg k240's. If you tried a bass head can like that, you'd probably be appalled. I have the odd ability to be able to appreciate any can if they are good at what they were made for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back