Worst Commercial
Jan 3, 2003 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
What, in your opinion, the most annoying ad on commercial TV? Preferably not a local ad.

Jan 4, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 33
The Geiko gecko............all variations but the worst of them is the one where it is on a date with that girl and it blows the seeds off of a weed. How stupid can you get.

Jan 4, 2003 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 33
1. "can you hear me now? good! can you hear me now? good!"

2. carrot-top: "dial 1-800-call-att!!! hi girls!"

3. any femanine product ad during dinner. "mom, my pad leaks! what should i do?" *rrrrretch!!*

4. "if you buy a dime bag of pot you're worse then bin-laden!!"

5. "smoking pot will make you shoot your friend!!" (never mind his dad left a loaded gun in an unlocked desk drawer
rolleyes.gif
)

6. anything with britney spears.

7. any ad showing a "luxury suv" cutting through the wilderness. i bet 99% of people who own these use it to drive to the 7/11.

8. any ad showing a car cruising down an empty highway. hello fantasy land, it's bumper to bumper out there!!

best ad on t.v.:
that infomercial with ron jeremy interviewing **** stars about a pill that makes your dick bigger. pure entertainment.

Jan 4, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 33
Just use the pistol to shoot alf.

I really hate the commercials for fad products, one company makes it, another copies it, ect. Right now those dam pasta pots are the fad.

Jan 4, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
7. any ad showing a "luxury suv" cutting through the wilderness. i bet 99% of people who own these use it to drive to the 7/11.

best ad on t.v.:
that infomercial with ron jeremy interviewing **** stars about a pill that makes your dick bigger. pure entertainment.

Hey c'mon......we don't have a 7/11 in my town. I drive mine to Walmart
biggrin.gif

I have not seen the infomercial you speak of. I must look for it.

Jan 4, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #12 of 33
Tough to narrow this one down. Either the insanely irritating AFLACK duck, or whatever phone commercial it is that has twenty-nine seconds of some old football players highlight film, and one second of completely unrelated phone brand at the very end.

Jan 4, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #13 of 33
i really hate those 'truth' commercials about smoking. they're so obnoxious that it makes me want to start smoking.

Jan 4, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
All commercials suck.

Seconded...i don't understand why they can't just dump all the commercials at the end of a program so we dont have to see them. Who the hell actually buys a product due to an ad on tv? Not me.

mad.gif

My understanding is that those HD digital recorders can ignore taping commercials, is this true? I can see the downfall of advertisement if thats the case.

biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 33
I think they record them, but can skip over them if you so desire. This way you don't miss half a show because the software thought it was a commercial.

I really am starting to hate those Jeep comercials. The ones where a person steps out of an elevator and is supposed to be "adventurous" because they are carring a rope or a mountain bike. I mean, the people that buy Grand Cherokees are not going to be using them for that, and the people who are into rock climbing and biking aren't going to be able to afford a $40,000 Jeep, do the advertisers realise how much those activities cost? Oh, and the woman carrying the rope has it coiled wrong, which irks me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back