Worst $200+ Headphones??
Aug 29, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 47
I originally wanted to say the Sony MDR-7509 - but I found some good points of that headphone. Instead, I'd have to say the Sennheiser HD590 (not to be confused with its far superior successor, the HD595). For the $200+ price that I had originally paid for the one that I later sold to someone else, it had murky overtight bass, shrill sibilant highs and hollow incoherent mids. And the excellent comfort doesn't make up for the deficiencies in the sound quality.

Aug 29, 2004 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
I originally wanted to say the Sony MDR-7509 - but I found some good points of that headphone. Instead, I'd have to say the Sennheiser HD590 (not to be confused with its far superior successor, the HD595). For the $200+ price that I had originally paid for the one that I later sold to someone else, it had murky overtight bass, shrill sibilant highs and hollow incoherent mids. And the excellent comfort doesn't make up for the deficiencies in the sound quality.

LOL, you will never let up on those will you... Oh well, they do have a few saving graces, but overall, there are much better headphones out there for the money so I guess I can't defend them to much.
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
LOL, you will never let up on those will you...

I'm sorry that I didn't make my post clear (about the HD590), but it's the worst $200+ headphone that I've personally heard. I'm sure that there are even worse $200+ headphones on the market. There is a difference between "worst that I've heard" and "worst on the market".

Aug 29, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
I'm sorry that I didn't make my post clear (about the HD590), but it's the worst $200+ headphone that I've personally heard. I'm sure that there are even worse $200+ headphones on the market. There is a difference between "worst that I've heard" and "worst on the market".

No worries man, I was just giving you a hard time because everytime the 590's show up in a thread or there's an opportunity to bash them, you're there to make sure they get a good bashing.
biggrin.gif
Like I said, in my opinion they do have a few saving graces, but overall they really fall short considering their cost and competition in that range.

Aug 29, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Any phone by bose, I'm assuming.

i gotta admit they aren't good value for the money but they are no where near "worst". ass u me.. assume
tongue.gif

Aug 29, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 47
Aug 29, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
i gotta admit they aren't good value for the money but they are no where near "worst". ass u me.. assume
tongue.gif

I just mean in comparison to other $200+ phones, i.e hd600, MS-2, sr-225, A900, etc, some which are less than that price. This thread isn't about worst phone period, but worst phone in this range, so assume he means in regards to others at around $200 and up.
icon10.gif
Also the sony dj monitoring series is probably not that good either.(I'm not talking about the sony phones mentioned around here)

Aug 29, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #11 of 47
and it's already bid up to 240, even tho the can is worth 300 retail - and 30 in actual worth. hmm, considering the KSC-35 can be had for under 30, maybe not even that.

to think of what i could do with $240...

Aug 29, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
hd500 ?

they absolutly suck

The HD500 isn't in the $200 USD price range - but it's in a much lower price range. And even at that range, I agree that the HD500 sucks.

Aug 29, 2004 at 6:08 AM Post #14 of 47
Egale Driver - with all the respect, stop bashing the HD590 on every opportunity that you have. I think that they are very good cans. If you don't like their sound signature that's fine but they are not bad headphones as you discribe.

It's like saying yellow color is bad because is too bright and too light...

Aug 29, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #15 of 47
and for QC2, i think its not worst $200+ headphones. for what it was designed for and what it was meant for, i believe it works pretty well. can you find any other noise-cancelling thats as good as the QC2? canalphones dont count cause not everybody can stick stuff in their ears.

it may not excel in sound quality compared to others in similar price range, i.e. hd600 & ms2..but for what its designed for i reckon its pretty good. so no, its not worst in the price range. well, you could try putting on a pair of hd600/ms2 in the plane, and a qc2..and see which one is worst
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back