Worse than waiting on a package is…..
Jun 6, 2007 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
Having it arrive a day early and not being here for it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a package arrive early.

I’m going to Issaquah tonight.

Mitch

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 16
Nice. Sounds like a sweet package
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 16
Even worse is this: them trying to deliver a package at 6:45 in the morning, and then saying that it was undeliverable. They returned it to the sender, who's in Canada. It took over three weeks to get back to him, and he was stuck with the return shipping charge, as well as shipping it back to me. That is a little worse than waiting on a package.
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 16
My father noticed a FedEx envelope on the road a few months ago. Hmm. He stopped his van and picked it up. Addressed to a friend/neighbor, unopened. He decided just to deliver it. Turns out the package contained plane tickets. My dad ran into the FedEx guy a couple days later (the dude delivers to the whole town), told him what had happened and expressed his hopes that he didn't get him in trouble for delivering a package for him. The guy said that when he went to deliver the package he couldn't find it, so he just logged it as "left on porch."

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 16
Yeah. Or the neighbor steal the contents.

Jun 7, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even worse is this: them trying to deliver a package at 6:45 in the morning, and then saying that it was undeliverable. They returned it to the sender, who's in Canada. It took over three weeks to get back to him, and he was stuck with the return shipping charge, as well as shipping it back to me. That is a little worse than waiting on a package.
tongue.gif

Yup, that one definitely sucked large.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worse than waiting is having UPS steal the contents.

-Ed

But, I think this one sucks even larger.

And, where is my WooAudio6... <sigh>still waiting</sigh>
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 16
I thrown my name in for a worse than waiting experience. First time using DHL, waiting for my shiny new 37' 1080P LCD to come, and they deliver to the wrong house. Talk about a headache to see your tracking number say delivered, only to see that you don't have it, but that it was left at the house down the street, on the porch, unsigned for (weren't home), in the rain. I had a few choice words for DHL that day.

Then, my second DHL, several months later. $4000 worth of rackmount servers coming my way, same scenario all over again. Tracking number says delivered, and its not on my porch. Once again, a different neighbor had it, left on their doorstep unsigned for. At least it wasn't raining this time :\

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

What is it with sending stuff over a border that's so hard.
It's not like sending something to korea, It's North America.

Can't they get their act together?

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #12 of 16
Opening the door to quickly and having the delivary man knock on your forhead instead...
blink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opening the door to quickly and having the delivary man knock on your forhead instead...
blink.gif

HAhahaha, that got me by surprise :p

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #14 of 16
even worse is thinking that you have a package on the way, only to find out you had been scammed, and the "package" that was insured and tracked was said to be "delivered," despite the fact that there was never anything on your doorstep. then going to the post office and reporting it, to be told that the route mail man does indeed remember dropping off the package. where did it go? apparently nobody knows. then reporting this incident to the police only to have nobody take action, and losing the money and the package altogether (transaction with a single member of a forum, no CC). did i mention that the "package" that never made it to my doorstep was reported by the post office as a 1oz package, probably a priority mail envelope, even though it was supposed to be several pounds (actual goods)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back