word clock vs superclock 3 in modded squeezebox
Mar 25, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregeas
Question for seanadams:
So with the Squeezebox 2 in the chain, can I transmit lossless FLAC audio to the Squeezebox via 802g, then output bit-perfect data to the DAC1 for analog conversion?

YES!

Mar 25, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregeas
Question for seanadams:
So with the Squeezebox 2 in the chain, can I transmit lossless FLAC audio to the Squeezebox via 802g, then output bit-perfect data to the DAC1 for analog conversion?

YES!

This is an ideal configuration for me...
orphsmile.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #33 of 35
Mar 27, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #35 of 35
The work clock has no format. It is simply 0 and 5V (TTL level) at the rate of the samplng frquency. Depending on the equipment you can sometimes also select multiples of the base frequency 2X, or 256X to which both sides have to agree.

The Motu Traveler has a standard word clock input.
However, the Linn Numerik DAC has a sync output that according to the manual otput 0-10 Volts on an RCA connector.

This smells proprietary on the Linn side.

You are absolutely correct in what you are trying to achieve. If the output from the Linn would be standard you would get identical playback quality to the Karik by lsaving the Taveler to the clock in the Numerik DAC.

I would give Motu a call and ask whether the input can take 10V. I have no idea whether the sync signal between the Karik and the Numerik is a standard square wave but another call to Linn might give you that answer.

Good Luck

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back