WOOT! Stax SRM-001 MK2 scored.
Jul 1, 2008 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
I called up Headroom and was initially gonna buy some iGrado's for my iTouch, but was told they had them on the cheaps as B-Stock!!!! I read that you can mod it and it be pretty formidable against even full sizers.

Can't wait to hear em. I was told from the sales guy that they're closest to Grado's as far as dynamic cans go, and since I was after a portable Grado bud/IEM, this was the ticket. Also, I figure it's a good entry into my Electrostat journey that will probably even further kill my wallet.

Anybody else with some more recent feedback on these beasts?

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 8
err . . . Lucky you?
smily_headphones1.gif

I wasn't aware that Headroom even carried Stax item.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 8
Awesome deal! Congratulations...
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, I didn't know they carried them either. I was browsing their site at the same time calling and it was almost a simultaneous recommendation/asking about them on the B-Stock list. Maybe it was meant to be, lol.

Should make for an interesting portable set-up. Should be here on Monday!!! Can't wait!!!

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else with some more recent feedback on these beasts?

Congrats, but I think a search on these would help you out.

BTW: are you still in vegas?

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, I read about the mod on them, but that thread seemed to die pretty quickly, and there aren't many impressions on them, recent ones anyways. They arrive tomorrow, so I am pretty anxious to hear how they sound.

Vegas...vegas is horrible. Vegas is killing me, lol.

Jul 20, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #8 of 8
I just got lent some Stax SR-001's with the FatCat mods and OMG!

I was so impressed I bought my own off eBay, I wanna get the mods done when I get mine, I also purchased a SOny D-5 to source it

So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back