Woody Magnum sound, in Sennheiser form
Aug 31, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
I'm leaning heavily towards trying out the hd600

So try it. 

Quote:
SAYS THE GUY WHO OWNS ONE SENNHEISER

GTFO.png

Way to reply to a perfectly accurate answer.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 18
by the way, i'm not looking for an exact replica of the magnum sound.. I'm just trying to figure out which Senn will sound most "natural" to me, like the magnum does.

Detailed, but not strident annoying highs. (HD800 has me worried there)

Extended lows, punchy bass, but not "dark" (HD650 worries)

These are the things I don't like about in the hd595, I guess what I really want to know is if there is a senn that fixes these problems.

They sound kind of unnatural or plasticy, too sterile.. Things just sound a bit wonky. I prefer a more natural organic, or "colored" sound.

Instrument separation is not too great, the instruments kind of fight for attention, unlike my magnum where every instrument is clear and separate. (I don't really know why this difference is even here, but it is)

They seem a bit "veiled", I have to turn up the volume to get the detail I want, and I don't like doing that.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
None... coming from a guy with all 3 and Owning/Hearing Grados from SR60 to HP2...

Hmmm, Magnums are kind of a big departure from the Grado House sound. 

I have heard a lot of people say they are more senn sounding than Grado, actually. I just haven't heard enough sennheiser products to say if I find this to be true. I CAN say, they are not really Grado like at all when it comes to the highs. Grado highs are either detailed and too present or too laid back and smooth (ala MS-PRO). The Magnums get em just right somehow.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Yeah, report back if you end up getting it. 

Just a warning though, if you find the HD800 to be "strident" (although, being used to Grados, I don't know how you can think that), the HD700 is worse.

I have never heard them. That is just the vague general impression i have gotten.. After reading over that review, I actually want the HD800 more now.

Shame they are so pricey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back