Wooden Nano Case
Oct 11, 2005 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
This is for all you nano users out there. Rock out with your nano with class!

The iWood Nano

If I ended up getting a nano before I saw that a new 80gig videoPod might emerge, I would definetely get this. Looks very well crafted.

Regards,
Dan

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 20
eek.gif

I can see the president of this company getting very rich one day.

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Maybe not the most practical, but man is that beautiful.

Definitely.

I'm sure it will be way overpriced though. Was there a price on the website? I didnt notice one.

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 20
wow, that is one of the nicest cases ive seen so far. how would it stand tension in the pocket or bag? doesnt look too strong. maybe just to show off at the office or something?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 20
That case definitely compliments the already pertty lookin' Nano, sort of a natural retro futurism combo. It 'wood' also look quite nice teamed up with a pair of Darth Beyers
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
Too bad the headphone hole looks like it'll only fit the small nano earbud headphone jack. So much for all your guys' fancy stuff
tongue.gif

Funny you should say that. I was thinking the same thing when I posted it.

I only wish that apply offered completely black headphones to go with their black ipods. I actually use the provided headphones when I exercise and when I'm at school.

Regards,
Dan

Oct 11, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #13 of 20
This product is very nice. It has been mentioned that it is not the most resolved design in terms of practicality but is very well done aesthetically. I feel that product would benefit from a revised opening for the headphone minijack to allow right angle 3.5 mm plugs and a fabric liner to protect the metal surfaces of the iPod nano. Kudos to iWood for bring forth these interesting cases.

Cheers,
iDesign

Oct 11, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #15 of 20
The inside should really have been lined with a softer material to prevent scratching, at least velvet flocking, although, I'll bet even velvet flocking would scratch up the Nano still.
rolleyes.gif

Not to mention having to open up the case each and every time you wanted to change the volume or even see anything. Since there is no compatibility with the wired inline remote, this makes for even more of an issue.

Now, how's about a custom milled Aluminum or Magnesium version? I'd buy that!

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back