Woodees-Vintage- In Ear Stereo Earphones IESW100V- ***Incredible Value, I'm floored at how goo they sound..!!!
Mar 12, 2011 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

eclein

1000+ Head-Fier
I wanted to try some serious In Ear Earphones and didn't have a lot of cash so I decided to check out headrooms B-stock listings and saw some Woodees and I had never heard of them so I inquired and found out the ones I was looking at didn't have a mic which I wanted with an iphone coming in the future, but the rep from headroom said keep looking here because he knew that some Vintages were heading that way, they did, I bought them for $45 shipped, they are $69.99 normally.
 i got to start by saying if these were priced at $250 I'd buy them, the first five minutes of listening I heard smooth tight, rich bass as advertised and clarity without being fatiguing-at all. I have had these on for almost 18 hours staright and I'm ready to keep going...these are fun to listen to. They are smaller then I thought, not heavy at all, I'm shocked that these don't get more kudo's and write-ups than I see. Turns out I have what was the flagship Woodee until they introduced the "Blues" which are $10 more and definitely on my shopping list. I really can't say anything other than "they sound great"!!!!

In a world gone mad with greed and total chaos at times there are still companies that offer "honest" products at "honest" prices and Woodees is not one of them as they take it four or five notches better, up the ladder in sound quality but lower in price with an A-1 build and my new favorite in ear cans!!  Maybe if we keep this a secret they will keep doing what they are doing and make great stuff for a very reasonable price, I sure hope so but in the mean time I'm stocking up!!!

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 10
This is the first I've heard of those. You never really mention what they sound like. Good, is a bit broad.

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Good...yep your right...oops..LOL.
Good rich bass, the sound stge is large and open, they sound like speakers on your ears...I listen to everything flat as far as EQ and these reproduce the recorded bass very accurately. After you first put them in and if you have the proper size ear thingy you end up forgetting they are in and the sound is just there. They don't get really high end frequencies super clearly but thats OK with me as that type sound is fatiguing to me. I've been listening to all types of music, Rock, Jazz, Fusion, Electronic and it all clean an precise but not to detailed. The bass is fabulous, very defined, deep but no boomy bloaty sound in the low end. They are advertised as have "Rich smooth bass" and thats a perfet description--I never heard of them until recently and when I saw the pics of them my interest was peaked. I'm digging these alot!!!

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 10
What do you have to compare them with? If they were 250$ you'll buy them? Does that mean you've tried in-ears around that price range and found these to be on par? sorry but all I read is hype. Nice that you're satisfied but it sounds a bit bloated. 

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 10
I have heard some Shure's and Sleek audio and some studio ones I don't remember and your right...I don't mean to sound -Hype like but it does my bad. I should have said that if I had heard these and saw a price of $250 it wouldn't have surprised me, I couldn't afford it but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm disabled, I was a drummer for way too long so I trust my ears and after talking my first walk with a cane around a four block area around my apartment-successfully I might add..yes!!! to grab a hoagie and smokes I found them to provide good isolation from outside noise also.
 Not meant to sound hype, I get pumped when I hear good stuff and blab about it, its just me....sorry....

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 10
Inks...thank you for the awesome link...very cool stuff i got alot to try but I'm glad I started with the Woodees. Thanks again!!

Mar 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Good...yep your right...oops..LOL.
Good rich bass, the sound stge is large and open, they sound like speakers on your ears...I listen to everything flat as far as EQ and these reproduce the recorded bass very accurately. After you first put them in and if you have the proper size ear thingy you end up forgetting they are in and the sound is just there. They don't get really high end frequencies super clearly but thats OK with me as that type sound is fatiguing to me. I've been listening to all types of music, Rock, Jazz, Fusion, Electronic and it all clean an precise but not to detailed. The bass is fabulous, very defined, deep but no boomy bloaty sound in the low end. They are advertised as have "Rich smooth bass" and thats a perfet description--I never heard of them until recently and when I saw the pics of them my interest was peaked. I'm digging these alot!!!

Well described 
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Inks--thanks for the links again and I grab up thos Woodees "Blues" from the joker...a good day I must say....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back