Woo WA22, Liquid Fire, Trafomatic HeadOne, GS-1 w/ DACT, AMB B22 compared.
May 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #46 of 208
Alright Trafo sticks around pending re-review when the 'upgraded' tubes come in.  Tomorrow, time permitting, I'll run the WA22 against the GS-1.  My wife and mwilson are rooting for the GS-1 :wink:

Big thanks to hodgjy for all the Trafo help.

May 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #47 of 208
Yes, your wife is right. Toss that WA22 already.

Wives complaining about things around the house reminds me of a billboard ad here in South Florida; goes like this (fonts are to relative proportion)

Your wife is hot
Better get the A/C fixed
Call Air Around the Clock

May 6, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #48 of 208
Which reminds me, my wife didn't care for the WA22 either. With zero space left in my main rig, this could only go in the bedroom, on the credenza close to her side of the bed. Can I put lipstick on that WA22 and pass it as something else? Perhaps if I removed the tubes and put some a bunch of LEDs on the front. Oh wait, I've had that amp before. Never mind 
tongue_smile.gif

May 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #49 of 208
Bazinga!  With the tubes MH gave me, the WA22 is quite nice looking, nevermind sounding.  But ANY tube is going to set my wife into 'that's a sci-fi prop' mode.  Doesn't help that the WA22 tubes are huge, no way to hide them.

May 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #50 of 208
Quote:
Bazinga!  With the tubes MH gave me, the WA22 is quite nice looking, nevermind sounding.  But ANY tube is going to set my wife into 'that's a sci-fi prop' mode.  Doesn't help that the WA22 tubes are huge, no way to hide them.

Quite nice looking? I thought it was downright sexy.
tongue.gif
(and they sounded great too...my ideal tubes for the LCD-x).

May 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #53 of 208
For better or worse, the WA22 kinda looks like the flying saucer from that stupid Hangar 18 movie, sans les blinkenlights.

May 7, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #59 of 208
Looking forward to Trafomatic Head One rereview mostly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back