woo competition?
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 72
Depends if you mean within the US or outside as well. Also if you mean tube amps only or all amp types.

I would say Little Dot, and Darkvoice to a lesser extent for tube only.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #4 of 72
I'd say Mapletree Audio is a fair comparison as a rival.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 72
When I bought my Woo, it was between Woo and Mapletree. Both offer nearly unanimous praise from owners for musical fidelity and a handmade attention to detail. If the Mapletree was a little less "vintage" looking I likely would have supported my countryman Dr. Peppard and bought one, but I also have no regrets owning a Woo, its been fantastic.

I would not put Little Dot and Darkvoice in the same category, althought they do offer great products at reasonable prices.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 72
Elekit TU-882 is a good tube amp, transformer coupled like the Woo6. It's PCB rather than point to point though, but it's correspondingly cheaper.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 72
I think Yamamoto or Eddie Current would be fair rivals.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends if you mean within the US or outside as well. Also if you mean tube amps only or all amp types.

I would say Little Dot, and Darkvoice to a lesser extent for tube only.

nice,, thanks what about all amp types?]] tubes sound good on vinyl but they seam high maintenance no?

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Yamamoto or Eddie Current would be fair rivals.

cool, i will check those out.

oh im freakin jealous of your benchmark dac 1,, hows it holdin up?
thanks

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #12 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkJnK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I bought my Woo, it was between Woo and Mapletree. Both offer nearly unanimous praise from owners for musical fidelity and a handmade attention to detail. If the Mapletree was a little less "vintage" looking I likely would have supported my countryman Dr. Peppard and bought one, but I also have no regrets owning a Woo, its been fantastic.

I would not put Little Dot and Darkvoice in the same category, althought they do offer great products at reasonable prices.

hi, thanks mark, this vintage mapletree intrigues me, sounds like it would have great synergy and looks with my thorens td145 tt.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #13 of 72
Eddie currant, Ray samuels, maybe cary.

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #14 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elekit TU-882 is a good tube amp, transformer coupled like the Woo6. It's PCB rather than point to point though, but it's correspondingly cheaper.

thankyou so does elekit sell the tu882, how much?

do you know of any tube amps that have 2 way channel speaker outs as well?
i gotta simplify, two many preamps, dacs ,argh.

cheers

oh yea how is the syneergy with the cowon s9 and the triplefi(i own and love)
also i been super curious about the etyy's. they are the originals after all

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #15 of 72
I'd put Mapletree Audio up there, and even thought it's DIY, the Bottlehead S.E.X. integrated speaker/headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back