Woo Audio TUBE mini Balanced Headphone Amplifier/DAC
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #61 of 336
i demoed it today with my Nutopia and I definitely liked how it sounded. However, I haven’t bought it yet as I need to think about whether I have the patience as it isn’t very user friendly.
I found it just as user friendly as other dongles, the only difference is that the Tube Mini has an extra switch that you switch to SE before plugging in your balanced 4.4mm cable and then once you've lowered the volume you switch to BL to listen to the music, which is an intelligent precaution on Woo Audio's part to avoid blasting your ears as this is a very powerful headphones amplifier. Once you've done it a few times it's a breeze.

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #63 of 336
Sep 28, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #65 of 336
Sweet. Would length of OTG cable matter with the iPhone? Like, if they were farther way from each other?
Not sure, I used a usb c female to usb c female adapter to connect my thunderbolt cable to extend the otg adapter. It didn't work. I use the same adapter with my mojo 2 with no issues.

I'm guessing the tube mini needs more power than most dongles. It may or may not work with long otg cables. Try it and see.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #66 of 336
I've got the Mini on hand as well for an extended listen. Man...I paired this up the first night on my S22 Ultra with my Atrium Closed. Holy hell I was not expecting just how excellent that would sound. No lie, it is more pleasing to my ear then my BHC is. That's just my initial impression though and quite a bit more listening to do!

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #67 of 336
I've got the Mini on hand as well for an extended listen. Man...I paired this up the first night on my S22 Ultra with my Atrium Closed. Holy hell I was not expecting just how excellent that would sound. No lie, it is more pleasing to my ear then my BHC is. That's just my initial impression though and quite a bit more listening to do!
What is a BHC?

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #68 of 336
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #69 of 336
One question I have on the Mini so far is on the functions. I know there is volume and a play/pause. I'm guessing this is if you pair it up with like a DAP or something like that? When I use it on my phone, Tidal takes over and those functions don't even work. The quick-start guide on the Mini don't even mention these buttons.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #70 of 336
I found it just as user friendly as other dongles, the only difference is that the Tube Mini has an extra switch that you switch to SE before plugging in your balanced 4.4mm cable and then once you've lowered the volume you switch to BL to listen to the music, which is an intelligent precaution on Woo Audio's part to avoid blasting your ears as this is a very powerful headphones amplifier. Once you've done it a few times it's a breeze.
I guess you’re right. Not very different from how I use my 300b tubes with Susvara. I just got my iPhone 15 Pro Max and I’ll have to go back to the shop and compare how it sounds when plugged into the new iPhone, an iPad pro and an iPad mini.

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #73 of 336
Are you planning a youtube review? I would welcome it.

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #74 of 336
I am eager to hear your opinions on the XTC 2.0 Open vs the XTC 2.5 closed! I am interested in grabbing one of these, but unsure which one yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back