Woo audio GES vs HeadAmp KGSS.
May 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A portable electrostatic amplifier??? Now if only Stax would release portable(mini) 007s we are in business.

I personally would prefer a mini-4070, since closed back makes more sense in a portable rig. But to each their own.
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #62 of 64
I'm going to bump this old thread.

There's been some changes in the KGSS since this thread was last posted to. For you folks that nhave now spent some time with these two amps, what are the impressions now that some time has passed?

I'm considering these two amps as a driver for an OII MKII I wnat to get. My lean is towards the KGSS.

Don't have the short term or long term scratch for the BHSE.

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #63 of 64
Do you guys know if any makers out there plan to offer a more inexpensive way to power electrostatic cans? I just got the Koss ESP-950's recently, and while upgrading the energizer would be nice, I can't really plunk down 1.5k at the moment. Do other alternatives exist?

Oct 14, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #64 of 64
  Do you guys know if any makers out there plan to offer a more inexpensive way to power electrostatic cans? I just got the Koss ESP-950's recently, and while upgrading the energizer would be nice, I can't really plunk down 1.5k at the moment. Do other alternatives exist?

Try to find a used Stax SRM-1 Mk2 Pro or SRM-T1 and get it refurbished (new caps, etc).  My ESP-950 with stax cable were pretty good with that. Or look for a newer used 323S amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back