Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #33,871 of 42,298
As per TonyNewman 's recommendation for an affordable rectifier, I've actually purchased the Brimar 5Z4G from Langrex like 2 days ago.

As some have mentioned, Langrex does not actually give an email confirmation that they have received the order or anything at all. All I have is the email confirmation from PayPal.

Normally I wouldn't buy from such companies that have poor communication practices. But I trust the Head-fi-ers that I can trust Langrex.

Here's waiting for my virgin tube rolling experience! If my lo-fi ears can discern a difference, then maybe the 6NS7 is next. :D

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #33,872 of 42,298
As per @TonyNewman 's recommendation for an affordable rectifier, I've actually purchased the Brimar 5Z4G from Langrex like 2 days ago.

As some have mentioned, Langrex does not actually give an email confirmation that they have received the order or anything at all. All I have is the email confirmation from PayPal.

Normally I wouldn't buy from such companies that have poor communication practices. But I trust the Head-fi-ers that I can trust Langrex.

Here's waiting for my virgin tube rolling experience! If my lo-fi ears can discern a difference, then maybe the 6NS7 is next.
biggrin.gif

I have bought tubes from Langrex about half a dozen times - always had a good experience with them.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #33,873 of 42,298
I have bought tubes from Langrex about half a dozen times - always had a good experience with them.

Yeah. You did share that before. So I was basing my purchase of that. But I'm sure Langrex is cool. It's all about British honor and all that I guess :) Living in a country that was a previous British colony, I get that.

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #33,874 of 42,298
Yeah. You did share that before. So I was basing my purchase of that. But I'm sure Langrex is cool. It's all about British honor and all that I guess
smily_headphones1.gif
Living in a country that was a previous British colony, I get that.

Just placed an order for 10 rectifiers with them. James from Langrex made a PayPal invoice for my order after an email exchange to confirm price with postage. Was very easy and James is great to deal with.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #33,875 of 42,298
Just placed an order for 10 rectifiers with them. James from Langrex made a PayPal invoice for my order after an email exchange to confirm price with postage. Was very easy and James is great to deal with.

Same situation with me. I just purchased a test lot of four Mullard 6080 power tubes. Once again dealing with James. Langrex is one company you never get problems with. Purchased many times.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #33,876 of 42,298

Same situation with me. I just purchased a test lot of four Mullard 6080 power tubes. Once again dealing with James. Langrex is one company you never get problems with. Purchased many times.

+1

I used them also....great service....even had a 25SN7 that I was looking for.....James was very helpful.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #33,877 of 42,298
That's all very nice to hear. I guess I am in safe hands.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #33,880 of 42,298

Once you go 300B you never go back.

True but only at the Takatsuki, WE level, the 45's I have are better than the Elrog's especially in the bass area.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #33,881 of 42,298
I thought Elrog bass is good enough, a bit less impact compared SERP, but Elrog made up for the smooth and musical mid-range and treble is nicely rendered.  Too bad the thing can't work more than a month.  Out 2 months now for exchange.  I really hope Elrog redesign the tube to perfection before releasing it at this point.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #33,882 of 42,298
  I thought Elrog bass is good enough, a bit less impact compared SERP, but Elrog made up for the smooth and musical mid-range and treble is nicely rendered.  Too bad the thing can't work more than a month.  Out 2 months now for exchange.  I really hope Elrog redesign the tube to perfection before releasing it at this point.

Me too, I have a brand new pair unopened that I will return. The tube has such promise although I was surprised that the bass was a weak point. Maybe it s different using speakers. I found them bass weak unsells paired with either a Briar or the Takatsuki 274B - that really transformed the sound. 

Hopefully they will get it right soon, have you heard any more news from the US distributor?

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #33,883 of 42,298
What surprised both myself and Fririce0003 is that the 45's sounded better in every respect and the bass was much stronger.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #33,884 of 42,298
Hopefully they will get it right soon, have you heard any more news from the US distributor?

No, I haven't heard anything.  I'm going to wait another week or two before pinging them again.  Our last conversation was 2 weeks ago and at the time they still don't know what Elrog's plan is for their 300B.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #33,885 of 42,298
  I have decided to take the plunge with some HE-1000's, Australian stock should be here in the next week or so. I am going to try them with the DHC cable and give them plenty of burn in. At least they bridge the gap between the Audeze's and the Abyss and will definatly be more comfortable.

Anyone else getting them?

i already have them and really like them. I bet they will pair beautiful with your Woo Monos because they do like power and the more the better they sound.
They are a lot lighter than the HE-6 and much more comfortable too. The bass is great, Some people has complained about the midrange being a little receded but I personally don't find it like that. I am using a WireWorld Nano Platinum cable (OCC silver) and really open them up and I am waiting for a DHC Complement4.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back