Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 1, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #29,161 of 42,298
  Gratz!!!  For your T1?

For T1 and HD700 hack I'll even put my LCD in there too 
very_evil_smiley.gif
I don't knwo if I'll like it or not but I even liked W3000ANV with WA2 when I had them

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #29,163 of 42,298
  Frank I, Happy New Year to you also, and thanks for the suggestion on the 6SN7's, I like them a lot, they have a nice amount of bass and warmth for my taste. Next I would like to try the 6FD7 (fat bottle) tubes if Woo has them in stock.Hi Joseph,

Hi Joseph,

Glad you liked the recommendations and you can order the fat bottles on the website. Let me know what you think of them when   you get them.. Happy New Year to you as well and good listening!!!

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #29,164 of 42,298
I have a pair of GEC 6AS7G's on the way that I bought from Dubstep Girl. (Wanted to contribute to her car buying fund). Looking forward to comparing them to my TS5998's.

lucky you

I guess. I've been looking for a pair for some time but didn't want to buy the ones in England that always seem to be listed on EBay. It's a little ironic that my pair is coming from DG because it was her posts that originally got me to do some research on them. Looks like they're scheduled to arrive on Monday, plenty of time to pick out some favorite tunes and have everything warmed up.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #29,165 of 42,298

I guess. I've been looking for a pair for some time but didn't want to buy the ones in England that always seem to be listed on EBay. It's a little ironic that my pair is coming from DG because it was her posts that originally got me to do some research on them. Looks like they're scheduled to arrive on Monday, plenty of time to pick out some favorite tunes and have everything warmed up.

I have also been looking for a while but i have to get a new camera and put off tube collecting for a while, i will have my camera next week with 2 new lenses. Sacrifices unfortunately must be made from time to time. 
Oh how wonderful the world would be if we all only had 1 hobby. Or would it? 

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #29,167 of 42,298
Shameless plug, last bump before goes to closet.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696667/wa5le

Gluck!  If this were up before I bought my WA22, I would definitely consider it.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #29,169 of 42,298
  I have also been looking for a while but i have to get a new camera and put off tube collecting for a while, i will have my camera next week with 2 new lenses. Sacrifices unfortunately must be made from time to time. 
Oh how wonderful the world would be if we all only had 1 hobby. Or would it? 

You're preaching to the choir. I spent more than 30 years working in photo labs before digital put them all out of business and I pretty much already have every piece of camera gear that I want. However, in an effort to be creative this year Santa brought me a DJI Phantom Quadcopter with a mount for my GoPro Hero. I've been out a couple of times with it since Christmas learning how to shoot aerial stills and videos. Add another hobby to my list.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #29,170 of 42,298

You're preaching to the choir. I spent more than 30 years working in photo labs before digital put them all out of business and I pretty much already have every piece of camera gear that I want. However, in an effort to be creative this year Santa brought me a DJI Phantom Quadcopter with a mount for my GoPro Hero. I've been out a couple of times with it since Christmas learning how to shoot aerial stills and videos. Add another hobby to my list.

Wow .... 
eek.gif
  Friends of mine started a production company - they mostly make shorts and music videos and the like. They are always talking about that chopper and camera mount thing and that they would love to get one. you are a lucky guy. Have you posted pictures or a video yet? 

Was it expensive? I know they were looking at a really fancy shoulder mount that they also wanted to get. You can run down corridors with it and it keeps the camera basically steady. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #29,171 of 42,298
  I hope you are getting at least serious nibbles.  It is a great amp.

some, i think it is the holiday seasons that no one want an expensive amp.  oh well, i will pack it up and goes to the closet soon for later use.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #29,172 of 42,298

some, i think it is the holiday seasons that no one want an expensive amp.  oh well, i will pack it up and goes to the closet soon for later use.

I would love it. I would consider selling my WA2 and some other stuff and get it if you were closer to me - but the whole international thing is a bit much. Its always the same. The woo gear for the most part is U.S only. Good luck though, with the sale.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #29,174 of 42,298
Listening it now with Sophia Princess 300B, 274B, and brown base Sylvania 6SN7wgta, I may just keep it for now. No point selling something I love.

That's the spirit!

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #29,175 of 42,298
OK i have rolled the RCA 6as7g and the Chatam 6as7g and Tung Sol 5998's a lot over the last few days in the WA2.

The RCA's to my ears are the darkest and my least favorite they are just not as revealing as the other 2.

The Chatham's are ok - i would say. I like them for some music but not most. They are very smooth and good for older music. They tame the treble a bit much, which is good for some older recordings but for intricate detailed music - not so good. 

And then - the Tung sol 5998's are just brilliant with almost everything. There are still a few albums - like Simon and Garfunkel where i prefer the Chatham's but 95% of the time its easily the 5998's that are the winners. I could live with the slight vocal hssss on the very few tracks where it crops up because although the RCA and Chatham get rid of this they sacrifice too much detail. 

I dont know whether to keep the RCA and Chatham's or just sell them and get more 5998's. 

anyway long story short -  i fall in line with everybody else's opinion of the 5998's compared to the other 6as7g's (apart from GEC) - its true they really are a far superior tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back