Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 28, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #33,452 of 42,298
  It is in bronze gold not white lol

Still looks great!
Don't mind what I see…I'm legally blind and can't really see in detail, so too me the white still looks really good! 
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #33,454 of 42,298
Apr 29, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #33,455 of 42,298

It is in bronze gold not white lol

How did you do that? A felt pen???

Great job.

It is nice, so i tried it i used some water base acrylic paint i had  for arts and crafts that i got at the Dollar store with a very small paint brush you just fill in the letters let dry and remove excess paint dont use a rag to wipe out excess paint use a wet paper towel remove excess water its thinner and will stay on top of letters just wipe across without digging in   you can put a few coats until it looks nice  .                                                                            

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #33,456 of 42,298
It is nice, so i tried it i used some water base acrylic paint for arts and crafts that i got at the Dollar store with a very small paint brush you just fill in the letters let dry and remove excess paint dont use a rag to wipe out excess paint use a wet paper towel remove excess water its thinner and will stay on top of letters just wipe across without digging in   you can put a few coats until it looks nice  .                                                                            

Yep that's what I did except I used oil based paint it would stick on better.

May 1, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #33,458 of 42,298

Giving Elton a spin tonight.

I haven't used SACD a go for a while. To be honest I can't hear a difference. Damn these 3 albums are great.

May 1, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #33,459 of 42,298

Giving Elton a spin tonight.

I haven't used SACD a go for a while. To be honest I can't hear a difference. Damn these 3 albums are great.
I really like Yellow Brick Road, one of my all time favourites.

May 4, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #33,460 of 42,298
I went to Axpona last week, chatted with Jack and Mike, listened to various Woo amps with everything from LCD3, Beyer T1, HD800 , Ether, and Abyss.

Just when my wallet thought it made it through the show unscathed, I ordered a black WA22 from Jack... even though the last thing I needed was another headphone amp lol

Should ship this week. Already made some space on the shelf. Looking forward to it! :)

I ordered it with stock tubes, not upgraded, because I wanted to break it in first, and besides half the fun is rolling tubes later using this thread as my guide.

Oh one more question: is there a high likelihood of noise interference for the tubes if my WA22 shares a shelf with my Mac mini and AirPort Extreme router which have wifi and USB 3.0? Just planning ahead.

May 4, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #33,461 of 42,298
I went to Axpona last week, chatted with Jack and Mike, listened to various Woo amps with everything from LCD3, Beyer T1, HD800 , Ether, and Abyss.

Just when my wallet thought it made it through the show unscathed, I ordered a black WA22 from Jack... even though the last thing I needed was another headphone amp lol

Should ship this week. Already made some space on the shelf. Looking forward to it!
smily_headphones1.gif

I ordered it with stock tubes, not upgraded, because I wanted to break it in first, and besides half the fun is rolling tubes later using this thread as my guide.

Oh one more question: is there a high likelihood of noise interference for the tubes if my WA22 shares a shelf with my Mac mini and AirPort Extreme router which have wifi and USB 3.0? Just planning ahead.

Best to avoid placing valves or for that matter any sensitive electronics close to anything emitting a lot of RF or EMI, great news on your amp, another Woo owner 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 4, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #33,462 of 42,298
Best to avoid placing valves or for that matter any sensitive electronics close to anything emitting a lot of RF or EMI, great news on your amp, another Woo owner :bigsmile_face:  

kindly elaborate... what kind of potential interference should I expect? noise in the music coming from the woo amp, wifi signal drops, or both?

and how close is too close? I read another thread here saying "keep it at least 1 foot away and you're safe". So is 2 feet away enough distance, generally speaking?

I'm curious because I have an even more powerful Jolida EL34 amp at 100wpc driving full size speakers and there is a wireless access point (router) next to it about 18" away connected to my NAS server, but I've never had any issues with interference from either end. Is this interference something more prevalent with woo tube amps specifically?

Finding a space for this amp to stay that's also safe from my toddler will be a challenge because my options are limited, so I want to plan ahead. Thanks for your input.

May 4, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #33,463 of 42,298
kindly elaborate... what kind of potential interference should I expect? noise in the music coming from the woo amp, wifi signal drops, or both?

and how close is too close? I read another thread here saying "keep it at least 1 foot away and you're safe". So is 2 feet away enough distance, generally speaking?

I'm curious because I have an even more powerful Jolida EL34 amp at 100wpc driving full size speakers and there is a wireless access point (router) next to it about 18" away connected to my NAS server, but I've never had any issues with interference from either end. Is this interference something more prevalent with woo tube amps specifically?

Finding a space for this amp to stay that's also safe from my toddler will be a challenge because my options are limited, so I want to plan ahead. Thanks for your input.

There is no definitive answer, best way to find out to is to remove all of the potential noise inducing devices, Wi-Fi routers, base stations etc and have listen and then with that as your reference point add them back in one at a time, see if you have an issue, you may not, I am not suggesting Woo amps are any worse or better at rejecting noise, only sure method is to experiment.

May 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #33,464 of 42,298
Hello all,
I'm looking to purchase the WA22 and WDS-1 and I'm having a very friendly and helpful discussion with Mike at Woo Audio about this. I was recommended the Nordost Heimdal interconnects and powercords. And as you may know, these cables can very well end up costing more than the actual hardware. While I have no intention of using cables from Radio Shack or Costco, are cables this expensive really necessary? One suggestion I received for "best performance" was the Heimdahl2 XLR interconnect á $1162 for 1m (39") and Nordosts miminum recommended length is 1,5m! And since I plan on stacking the DAC and amp, what am I supposed to do with a 1,5m interconnect cable? Have this massive loop behind the stack that costs 2K just for kicks and giggles? I just don't get it. Anybody here want to dumb it down for me?

I would appreciate some input from other members about what interconnect and powercables you have found to work well with Woo that don't have exorbitant pricetags. Believe me, I'm willing to throw down some dime for this setup but some of these prices for cables is just bananas.

/Will

May 4, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #33,465 of 42,298
Costco cable will work just fine. If you can afford RadioShack, even better. I'm surprise Woo recommended cable that cost more than some of their amp. I'm pretty sure they aren't using any $1000 per meter cable inside the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back