Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #25,336 of 42,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you like the W4S?  I was thinking of upgradeing from NuWave DAC....

And where did you get those epic blocks?!!

I love the Wyred 4 Sound 
ksc75smile.gif
shoe box! I got my wood from MapleShade Records.

May 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #25,338 of 42,298
that sansui is serious. i love that vintage look. someone had an old school marantz receiver posted on a thread not too long ago and it was one of the nicest pieces i have seen

think it was this

May 8, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #25,341 of 42,298
Not really. I sold him his current stock and I didn't get them too cheaply. Still, in 2010 I bought a 'Princess' from WooAudio for $175; in 2011 the EML 5U4G for $260. All things considered... the '596' still has room for inflation. 
biggrin.gif

But, before I let my Woo brothers and sisters down, I best get back to hunting them down!

May 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #25,346 of 42,298
Quote:

Not really. I sold him his current stock and I didn't get them too cheaply. Still, in 2010 I bought a 'Princess' from WooAudio for $175; in 2011 the EML 5U4G for $260. All things considered... the '596' still has room for inflation. 
biggrin.gif

But, before I let my Woo brothers and sisters down, I best get back to hunting them down!

And Woo is selling it back to us at a profit? Should have left them at "home" amongst the little people. :wink:

Quote:
Woo is sure making a nice profit on the 596. Luckily I have one "on loan" from Clayton
smile.gif

Now if only my new amp would arrive
biggrin.gif

Ultra- it is not "on loan." It is all yours to keep forever and ever. I wonder when the next "596" will be uncovered.

May 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #25,347 of 42,298
Quote:
And Woo is selling it back to us at a profit? Should have left it them at "home" amongst the little people. :wink:

A handful of members backed out. To prevent a collapse, I brought in a new investor to close the deal. So, the original little people really were taken care of. If I find a clean lot of NOS USAF-596's (perhaps, w/boxes) of 20 to 100, I may broker the investment.

May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #25,348 of 42,298
Quote:
And Woo is selling it back to us at a profit? Should have left it them at "home" amongst the little people. :wink:

Ultra- it is not "on loan." It is all yours to keep forever and ever. I wonder when the next "596" will be uncovered.

Does it come with warranty?
Just kidding. thank you again :)

Yeah, I was wondering that too. I mean, I'm sure Glenn can find another great tube we don't know about yet...

May 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #25,349 of 42,298
Quote:
Does it come with warranty?
Just kidding. thank you again :)
Yeah, I was wondering that too. I mean, I'm sure Glenn can find another great tube we don't know about yet...

Of course it comes with a warranty which also includes (at no charge!) a periodic site visit to make certain that it is working at its optimum (bias) level in your amp. So I'd say the next site visit is in 3 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back