Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #22,576 of 42,298
I've sent Jack messages many of time at Midnight, only to hear from him via Twitter a couple of hours later around 5am est. Late night or early start for Jack? Either way, it's impressive! I will add, however, I understand rocknrolldoctor's frustration. Where a response doesn't land the manufacturer and customer on the same page.

I hope our fellow member is able to hang in there a bit longer so the best solution is reached.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #22,577 of 42,298
I called him on the phone when I was tired of trying to email him, only to get an email the next day saying
"[size=medium]Just ship it back and you make no phone calls and try to explain the problems. Your local repairman may not know what to do. We know exactly what to solve to problem. [/size][size=medium]I can create a call tag for FedEx.[/size]"

The next email says I should pay for shipping and they will refund me $30..

He says one thing then changes it in the next email or goes off asking about something that makes think they have no idea even what my problem is..

To make this easy for both of us I asked them to send me a replacement jack and $30 to have it replaced local..

He says things like:

[size=medium]"It struck me as it is not working. You can mail the cable and plugs to us and we can re-terminate your 4-pin cable to 2 3-pin plugs. [/size]
[size=medium]We will make a revision in near future to fit a 4-pin XLR with a latch on it. This will require a redesign of the faceplate in order to fit this connector.[/size]
[size=medium]At this point, please remove the phone jack by pushing it on the back of the socket."[/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]"We can also make a custom faceplate to fit a latch type 4 pin XLR connector."[/size][/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Never saying who is paying for these custom parts and always implying its something I used is the problem..[/size][/size]

[size=medium]I want a jack I can use my working 4 pin plug in without getting stuck ever few days..
If I need to change the 4 pin Plug FINE but he sent me a list of plugs to use and my plug is one of the plugs on the list..
I don't want two 3 pins plugs, I don't want a new faceplate and a locking jack either..
[/size]
I want this jack to work as it should..

I was hoping to do it the easy way and fix the problem local, Get the replacement jack and $30 to help defray the repair cost without having to ship the amp back..
Plus at first he told me I was using the wrong locking plug and it should have been a non-locking plug.. Neutrick says there is no such thing.. All plugs are locking plug according to Neutrick..

I hate when people blame me for something they did or didn't do..
I can not imagine how someone could have a amp custom made by Jack Woo
I'd rater try pulling hens teeth..

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #22,578 of 42,298
I have a stock WA6-SE (with stock tubes) which I love, especially when it's warmed up to the point where even the knobs are warm. It sounds so dynamic with the D7000s my mind just melts in the music. I will get the WA22 or WA2 in the near future for sure, I'm just concerned that the WA2 would clip with my LCD2 rev. 2s.

With respect to customer service at Woo I always get a reply, but they miss some of my questions at times. Like if I make a bullet list with 5-6 questions, it's not uncommon that they forget to respond to 1-2 of my questions. I say they, because it's not just Jack who responds to mail. I've only been in contact with them with pre order questions, so I don't know about after sales questions.

I think that this little company has grown excessively, in part due to all the excellent reviews here on head-fi. They should make a FAQ for each product, and maybe even consider a support forum if their customer base is big enough to support something like that. Look at how Audeze has done it with their ticket system for instance. I can only imagine how much time they spend on replying to emails every day. They should streamline some of their customer interaction in exchange for faster lead times imo. At present their lead time is 3-4 weeks (+ shipping). When I ordered WA6-SE i waited for 8 weeks (including shipping which was ~10 days).

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #22,579 of 42,298
Quote:
I have a stock WA6-SE (with stock tubes) which I love, especially when it's warmed up to the point where even the knobs are warm. It sounds so dynamic with the D7000s my mind just melts in the music. I will get the WA22 or WA2 in the near future for sure, I'm just concerned that the WA2 would clip with my LCD2 rev. 2s.

With respect to customer service at Woo I always get a reply, but they miss some of my questions at times. Like if I make a bullet list with 5-6 questions, it's not uncommon that they forget to respond to 1-2 of my questions. I say they, because it's not just Jack who responds to mail. I've only been in contact with them with pre order questions, so I don't know about after sales questions.

I think that this little company has grown excessively, in part due to all the excellent reviews here on head-fi. They should make a FAQ for each product, and maybe even consider a support forum if their customer base is big enough to support something like that. Look at how Audeze has done it with their ticket system for instance. I can only imagine how much time they spend on replying to emails every day. They should streamline some of their customer interaction in exchange for faster lead times imo. At present their lead time is 3-4 weeks (+ shipping). When I ordered WA6-SE i waited for 8 weeks (including shipping which was ~10 days).

For your LCD-2s, the WA6SE is the better solution over the WA2. But the WA22 would be the choice between all 3 amps.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #22,580 of 42,298
Quote:

For your LCD-2s, the WA6SE is the better solution over the WA2. But the WA22 would be the choice between all 3 amps.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've heard that LCD2 rev. 1 and LCD3 is a better match with WA2, because the rev.2 is less efficient than the other two.

That is not to say the WA22 is not better, but if you read ardilla's excellent review of WA2 VS WA22 you see that he emphasizes some qualities about the WA2 + Audeze that is quite intriguing. I'm not sure if I'm correct about this, but my impression is that the sound signature of the WA6-SE and the WA22 are similar, whereas WA6-SE/WA22 and WA2 is quite different.

I'm currently in contact with a person who wants to sell a pair of LCD2 rev. 1, and I have a WTB out for the LCD3s. From what I've read (but never heard) the qualities of those models resonate better with my taste in sound signature (but I do love the rev. 2s too).

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #22,581 of 42,298
Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've heard that LCD2 rev. 1 and LCD3 is a better match with WA2, because the rev.2 is less efficient than the other two.

That is not to say the WA22 is not better, but if you read ardilla's excellent review of WA2 VS WA22 you see that he emphasizes some qualities about the WA2 + Audeze that is quite intriguing. I'm not sure if I'm correct about this, but my impression is that the sound signature of the WA6-SE and the WA22 are similar, whereas WA6-SE/WA22 and WA2 is quite different.

I'm currently in contact with a person who wants to sell a pair of LCD2 rev. 1, and I have a WTB out for the LCD3s. From what I've read (but never heard) the qualities of those models resonate better with my taste in sound signature (but I do love the rev. 2s too).

Did you read my WA2/WA22 review: 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/562618/woo-audio-wa2-and-wa22-comparisons-finally-finished-whew

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #22,583 of 42,298
I got got 2 Philips miniwatt EZ80 tubes. One turned out to be labelled Philips, and the other is a Miniwatt made in Brazil. The Philips one has a ring getter (was made in the '60s in Germany and the other one has a square getter with a Sao paulo Brazil factory code. See pic below. Can I use these safely together in the WA2?

Thanks for the help!

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #22,584 of 42,298
How to bag a WA2.

I will be on a flight to Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon to deliver Ultrainferno my portable amp system with no power source and no tubes.

Security: What's in the backpack?
Me: What backpack?

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #22,585 of 42,298
Tell security you are a newly formed import/export business. 1st delivery gets personalized service...
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #22,586 of 42,298
O Clayton, you're good! Have yourself a great flight and BIG fun! In your absence, I'll be receiving the voltage quadrupler & Brimar 13D1 tube from Glenn. You may wanna log on
tongue_smile.gif
 just to make sure I haven't passed out next week.
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #22,589 of 42,298
Anyone has any experience with the Psvane CV181 driver tubes with their Woos? How does it compare to the Shuguang Treasures?

Thinking of getting a pair for my WA22 but not sure of the synergy of the Psvanes with the LCD-3.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #22,590 of 42,298
I am ALIVE !!!

First let me apologize for everyone who was looking for me and waited for the 596's adapters and Umbilical Cable. I went for a trip with my Dad to a place where people don't even know what a computer is, But i am back now to provide you all with the converters and Umbilical Cable. 

For now i'm in Singapore now for a few days and will be going back to Indonesia, Jakarta for 1-2 weeks and then back to Beijing at last.

So if anyone is still interested in the 596's Converter and the WOO Umbilical cable will have to wait 2 weeks time till i get back to Beijing.

Please send me a new PM about the 596's converter and the Umbilical cable. I am assuming that Setamp will still be able to provide the US distribution of the converters to reduce the shipping cost.

Thanks,
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back