Woo 6 PDPS upgrade is listed now and it is only $60
Apr 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 37
thats kind of upsetting as I am waiting on one to be shipped which I paid the $110 extra for the PDPS...

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by koruki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats kind of upsetting as I am waiting on one to be shipped which I paid the $110 extra for the PDPS...

Maybe you should ask for a refund on the difference, since the amp has not shipped yet.

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 37
Looks like the premium parts upgrade disappeared.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the premium parts upgrade disappeared.

I got an e-mail from Jack over the weekend that said the premium parts upgrade has been dropped due to parts shortages. My original inquiry was about the cost of the PDPS upgrade which he has now posted. However, without the premium parts upgrade, my interest in the WA6 has lessened.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got an e-mail from Jack over the weekend that said the premium parts upgrade has been dropped due to parts shortages. My original inquiry was about the cost of the PDPS upgrade which he has now posted. However, without the premium parts upgrade, my interest in the WA6 has lessened.

I got a similar e-mail yesterday. In lieu of these changes I have decided to pop for the WA6SE.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 37
Yes, the Black Gates are going away. I am glad to see that the dual power supply is finally offered and at a very reasonable price. I think the sound, even with the Black Gates, is very fine. The Panasonic TSED caps are a fraction of the price and do a fine job also.

I am listening right now the the 6 with my modifications and the sounds easily beats everything I have heard but I do have nonpolar Black Gates in a super E config, which isn't cheap.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Black Gates are going away. I am glad to see that the dual power supply is finally offered and at a very reasonable price. I think the sound, even with the Black Gates, is very fine. The Panasonic TSED caps are a fraction of the price and do a fine job also.

I am listening right now the the 6 with my modifications and the sounds easily beats everything I have heard but I do have nonpolar Black Gates in a super E config, which isn't cheap.

I have Black Gates in a Super E config in my Millett MiniMAX and I am quite pleased. However, I have another MiniMAX with Muse caps bypassed with Vitamin-Qs that sounds nearly as good.

So maybe self-modding is an option!
wink_face.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #13 of 37
Sure, they can sound good but I still haven't found anything as good as the nonpolar Black Gates. I also use teflon caps as a bypass, though I normally do not bypass Black Gates with anything but Black Gates. The outcome was good.

Self modification of self or amps? :^)

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #14 of 37
I paid $110 for the mod. I have to say it was well worth it....

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, they can sound good but I still haven't found anything as good as the nonpolar Black Gates. I also use teflon caps as a bypass, though I normally do not bypass Black Gates with anything but Black Gates. The outcome was good.

Self modification of self or amps? :^)

Maybe self-medication is in order, but I'll modify the amp myself!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back