Won't ship to Australia?
Aug 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #76 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by kakapo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gidday Drubbing

I remember going through this when I got my RS1s - the Grado restrictions weren't on then, so I avoided the inflated domestic price by going to Headroom.

If you set up monopolies outside the US its pretty predictable what their prices will be like

Yeah mate, I did the homework too last year, as I originally wanted some Grado's, but went for MS1, as Headphonic is just down the road from me... If it's any consolation, the only place that gets stiffed more than Aus/NZ on Grado is the UK. Try 850 pounds for an RS1 (US$1400)

I'll be off to the States this month, so will get to listen and see if I like an RS2. Current Australian cost is nearly $900, but when there's only 1 dealer in the whole country, they set the price.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #78 of 82
In my country the problem is worst: I send a mail to Grado for information about a dealer in Mexico, and I don´t have an answer. So I can´t buy them in my country, and I can´t buy from USA dealer.
So... I will go to Alessandro MS1...

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #79 of 82
Yep - we see all those great headphone bargains on Amazon, then try to order a pair : all comes unstuck when they parse your address and decide 'I'm sorry, but we cant deliver to that address'.

As mentioned, its all about protecting distributorships.

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #80 of 82
my suggestion is to find a used pair here at Head-Fi. I believe that lots of kind head-fiers are willing to help you circumvent the tax barrier.
biggrin.gif

By the way, I got my GS-1000 this way.

Good luck.

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #81 of 82
I would suggest using a forwarding service. I used Shipito all the time when I was studying abroad. They will ship anything anywhere in the world and it didn't cost too much.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #82 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. never knew it was so expensive outside the US.

yep, it´s like they don´t want us here to buy grado. The SR60i goes for US $181,81 here in Germany - that´s more than double the US price. Ok, the dollar-prices are always cheaper (which pisses us "euros" off too) but grados price policy is nothing short of impertinent. If there were grado phones on the market here to civil prices, I bet they soon would sell the lot of them, but until then...

mad.gif
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back