Headphoneus Supremus
This looks like a perfect match...but who knows - small footprint too
k1000smile.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This looks like a perfect match...but who knows - small footprint too
k1000smile.gif

you would need a pair so that would effectively double the size of the footprint as they are mono blocks. But they should sound good as most 300b amps I have heard with the k1000 have been good to great depending on quality of parts and how the 300b design was implemented.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you would need a pair so that would effectively double the size of the footprint as they are mono blocks. But they should sound good as most 300b amps I have heard with the k1000 have been good to great depending on quality of parts and how the 300b design was implemented.

i think that price is for the pair...but no tubes included. sounds like a good bargain considering the price of most 300B monoblocks...but i don't like the way it looks...

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think that price is for the pair...but no tubes included. sounds like a good bargain considering the price of most 300B monoblocks...but i don't like the way it looks...

of course the price is for the pair my comment was regarding the op comment of the size of the foodtprint, it could be a good bargin depending on SQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would a pair of Canary Audio 308s 300B be suitable? Will it better the F1 in performance on the K1Ks? Thinking of getting one or the other.

I have heard good things about the Canary line, regarding which you will prefer it will depend on you sonic tastes. The F1 is fast and detailed and can be warmed up with a good tube pre amp people have had great luck with the mini max pre. I had one in my house on loan from a local audio friend when I lived in florida and can it was a great combo.The 308s would require a pre amp or attenuator so factor that into the cost. You take the bullet and try this combo for team k1000
300b amps vary pretty wildly the Cary I owned had a glorious midrange but was wooly in the bass to me but the Zanden or Moth was more nuetral up top and in the bass but with really nice and slightly euphonic mids which I really like.

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like a good bargain considering the price of most 300B monoblocks...but i don't like the way it looks...

I couldn't agree more. And do you really need 8 watts?
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back