With this sound, at this price, these Hisound iems should be very Popular
Sep 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gduck

100+ Head-Fier
If anyone didn't notice it yet, hisound is having a promotional offer on their Popular iems

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625100/hisound-s-popular-iems-80-off-for-supporting-our-dealer-s-new-ebay-store

I kno some of you have ordered a pair of these earphones and I want to hear your impressions. I just got these, and i am thorougly impressed.

For 20$, i simply can't complain, they are my best bang for buck purchase to date. I think their name aptly describes their sound sig, "popular," HUGE gigantic bass, solid upfront mids, and most suprisingly of all, treble that is present with ample amounts of clarity and detail. These phones are not trying to pretend to being what they're not, these phones are clearly not for classical, they are not studio monitors, and they don't offer a neutral sound, no, far from that. These phones are just fun, fun, and fun. And while i have come across my fair share of budget bass monsters ( denon c551, meelec 11+, xears td lll, etc.), the Popular's blow all of these out of the water, on all fronts. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 5
If anyone didn't notice it yet, hisound is having a promotional offer on their Popular iems

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625100/hisound-s-popular-iems-80-off-for-supporting-our-dealer-s-new-ebay-store

I kno some of you have ordered a pair of these earphones and I want to hear your impressions. I just got these, and i am thorougly impressed.

For 20$, i simply can't complain, they are my best bang for buck purchase to date. I think their name aptly describes their sound sig, "popular," HUGE gigantic bass, solid upfront mids, and most suprisingly of all, treble that is present with ample amounts of clarity and detail. These phones are not trying to pretend to being what they're not, these phones are clearly not for classical, they are not studio monitors, and they don't offer a neutral sound, no, far from that. These phones are just fun, fun, and fun. And while i have come across my fair share of budget bass monsters ( denon c551, meelec 11+, xears td lll, etc.), the Popular's blow all of these out of the water, on all fronts. 

Sounds interesting...

But, at full price, would you still be sloberin over these?

Enquiring Minds want to know.

Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 5
hehe, will i be hyping these this much if i bought them at full retail 70$ ? of course not, its like getting the triple fi for 100 as opposed to 400 or 500 or whatever they originally sold for.

I paid 50$ for hisounds crystal a while back, and i think these are better than the crystals. The crystals for some reason, i couldn't really enjoy them fully, they sounded closed in to me and had a spike in the upper mids which i found pretty annoying. It was too bad really, because they were built like tanks and had good materials and craftsmanship behind it.

So do these beat my atrio mg7, westone 2, or monster coppers ? No, not in a purely technical standpoint, but what do they offer is a booming bass signature that i'll reach for when time calls for it. And in that regard, they will have a spot in anyone's collection. These are basshead iems for sure, and while they can't compare to the sub bass of atrio mg7, or how well the atrio's handle the plucking of an acoustic guitar, they are damn fun and push a ton of air, enough for you to hear the bass over busy trains and buses. The bass on these while doesn't reach to the lowest of the lows, offer great resonance, you can feel kick drums echo with good impact.

The mids are warm and detailed, offers good depth in female vocals, but will it beat out my aurisonics asg 1 in that department ? No, aurisonics have the best mids i have heard in an iem.

The highs don't shimmer nor sparkle, it is the weakest link in the sound, yet they are detailed enough to give you the picture.

I'm not saying these are giant killers, but what they offer in sound, is more than impressive for the current promotional price that is going on. It achieves its goal by giving you a boombastic sound, a sound that thrives in pop, a sound that screams fun and will not drown out by noisy traffic.

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Sound really Kewl.

Also sounds like you really like them.

That is a good thing.

Enjoy em, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back