with Grado 325is headphones?
Feb 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bmm01

New Head-Fier
Some Grado 325is headphones have recently come into my possession and I think that I may want to purchase a headphone amp.  I don't know anything about this stuff!  I will be doing most of my listening off of my laptop.  Do I also need a DAC?  I don't think I can spend more than $500.

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
if its coming out of your laptop, a usb dac would be good.

u could get a nuforce HDP since its an amp and a dac. it would last you for a while, including any future headphone purchases

Feb 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 7
If using at home/office then D100 AMPs/DAC is highly recommended and it's AMPs section is realy great. But for travel use you may need battery powered portable AMPs/DAC and these are recommended here like XM6, Pico, iBasso D12, DAC Port.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 7
I have Grado 325is arriving tomorrow and will be getting one of these in the near future though the portable amplifer looks like it is getting good reviews and is available immediately. I spoke to the owner of the company and i'm sure he said they were going to be doing something with a DAC in the near future -though i've spoken to so many people whilst researching this I could well be mistaken.

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 7
He may have been talking about the ODAC that NWavGuy is working on. That portable amplifier is an Objective 2, pre-built. It's a very nice amplifier, assuming it's not deviating from the original design.

You may find the 325is harsh. If you do, try another Grado (225i, MS2i) or the Senn HD598. The 325is ended up hurting my ears after very short listening periods. Way too much sibilance.

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 7
try search up the ibasso d-series, they looks like a good fit to you. 
and to be perfectly honest, grados are not exactly bad without an amp, they are pretty easy to drive, and very enjoyable on any systems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back