Wireless IEMs for use with iPhone <$200
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sponkular

New Head-Fier
I use IEMs at the gym and end up replacing them every few months because of the wires. I finally decided to look into a nice pair of wireless IEMs. So far I only know of the Phiaton PS20 and the Jaybird Freedom. How are the sound quality on these and are there any other good wireless ones?

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 8
I think the Phiaton sounds better than the Jaybird, but that being said, the quality sucks. And the worst thing about wireless headphones (other than the mediocre sound and the interference) is the fact that like with the Phiaton you still end up having a cord, albeit shorter.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm pretty sure westone has some earbuds with removeable cables...
The westone xR models (x being a number) have removeable cables.
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-headphones.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=westone&utm_campaign=SC%20-%20Westone%20CA%20Search&gclid=CNOrlNzxna4CFYeK4AodaB8NgA

The cheapest one with removeable cables is 300$ from westone but it might be worth the investment if cables are your issue.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Hmm I was looking at the Sony MDR-EX600, that seems to be more in my price range and it's got pretty good reviews. Do you know where I would be able to buy replacement cables for those?

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Get Shure SE 315's I believe there's a replaceable cable ($44) that has an iPhone controller. Win win.

Feb 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Hmm I was looking at the Sony MDR-EX600, that seems to be more in my price range and it's got pretty good reviews. Do you know where I would be able to buy replacement cables for those?

I own EX600 but am not sure if the fit will be very suitable for use in gym, unless the non stock tips (which I have not tried) may improve the fit for that matter.

Edit: If you like the sound sig, the EX600 is no doubt one of the best bang for the buck IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back