Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Jan 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 4,133
I've got a friend at university who'd be interested as well. There's also Takaji if anyone's contacted him yet.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 4,133
Heyas all,

I'd be interested, but I'm afraid I don't have much gear to share. My list:

Grado HF-2
LiveWires (can't really share those :/)
iBasso D2-Boa
Millett MAX (still working on the case!)
PIMETA v2 (sans case)

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #22 of 4,133
My schedule is pretty wonky too (I've got a PhD candidacy exam coming up in March/April), but if we're just meeting for a few hours I'm sure I can fit it in somewhere. A Sunday afternoon probably works best for me.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #24 of 4,133
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
April sounds good, lol at least there will be no snow!

Shhhh, don't go an jinx it. Considering how late winter came, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't warm up until June.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #28 of 4,133
I wonder if anyone here has balanced headphones? Just curious since my sound card has balanced outputs, but I have no amp... though I suppose a pair of standard amps might work???

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #30 of 4,133
Wow, I had given up on a Winnipeg meet, but apparently too soon! I would be happy to bring all my gear (DT770 pro-80, DT990 250, Turbines, CX300, PA2V2 and Compass with the three opamps. Nothing balanced here either.

As far as meets I've been to, the one meet I attended was out in Calgary where we rented a meeting room from the library and set all our stuff up there. The important thing is having it somewhere where you 1) have enough places to put stuff and 2) have enough electrical outlets to plug things into. That said, if there is a house that fits these requirements I'm happy to do it there since it would save a bit of money and there are no time limits. April sounds good to me too as long as its not on the 26th.

As far as other people's equipment, this looks pretty exciting so far! I've been wanting to try the SRH-840, ATH-ES7, RX-900, HFI-580, and of course the HF-2 for a long time, so any and all of this gear looks good to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back