Winamp now also for the Mac
Nov 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WarriorAnt

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know much about Winamp for Windows but lots of folks use it.  Now there is a release of Winamp for the Mac if anyone is interested in this player.  Thought I'd start this thread for folks to comment after trying Winamp for Mac.

http://www.winamp.com/mac

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I noticed in the EULA that they want to see every track that you play. And yes, I saw it trying to phone home to tell the AOL overlords about each track I played.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I have had windows computers my whole life and used winamp from 1997 until about 6 months ago when I switched to an Apple laptop. At that time, I had a bunch of FLAC files. I just converted those into ALAC so that I could use iTunes. I was really excited when I heard about this mac release. I downloaded it and the interface is just awful. I understand that it's in beta, but it really, really lacks so many things that were available on windows. I bears exactly 0% resemblance to the windows interface that I loved and used for the past 15 years.

So disappointed.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I have had windows computers my whole life and used winamp from 1997 until about 6 months ago when I switched to an Apple laptop. At that time, I had a bunch of FLAC files. I just converted those into ALAC so that I could use iTunes. I was really excited when I heard about this mac release. I downloaded it and the interface is just awful. I understand that it's in beta, but it really, really lacks so many things that were available on windows. I bears exactly 0% resemblance to the windows interface that I loved and used for the past 15 years.

So disappointed.

The sound quality is terrible also.
ZoomButt.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back