Will using line out from my iPod video into a headphone amp improve sound quality without the Imod?
Dec 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

K-Woodz

New Head-Fier
Im using headphones that are 35ohms. I can listen to them with the iPod volume full blast. Although slightly uncomfortable, it isn't "ridiculously" loud. Im not really worried about volume though. Im looking to gain more in the way of sound quality. 

I have searched the forums a bunch of times, but I'm looking for specific gains with the gear specified. The amp would be something along the lines of a fiio. The headphones I'm currently using on my commute are Skullcandy Aviators. 

TIA 

-K

Dec 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 2
Im using headphones that are 35ohms. I can listen to them with the iPod volume full blast. Although slightly uncomfortable, it isn't "ridiculously" loud. Im not really worried about volume though. Im looking to gain more in the way of sound quality. 

I have searched the forums a bunch of times, but I'm looking for specific gains with the gear specified. The amp would be something along the lines of a fiio. The headphones I'm currently using on my commute are Skullcandy Aviators. 

TIA 

-K

LOD will help, but not for skullcandies. You need some real headphones to use a LOD, as a LOD needs an amp to go with it, since it doesn't have it its own volume control, and skullcandies aren't headphones, they're toys.
Welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back