Will this setup be OK?
Dec 16, 2005 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

citizenkane

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm about to buy my new gear and would appreciate if you guys would give it the once over. Rather than try and describe it, i'll use a glorious MS Paint drawing:

audio.gif

Will that provide me with a good sound and no bottlenecks or degredation? From what I've read, it seems you do need a seperate amp when dealing with the E-MU 0404's line-out. Is that correct?

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Why not just buy/make a cable that is terminated with the dual 1/4" mono's on one end with a 1/8" stereo on the other end to connect to the cmoy. That way you can eliminate 1 adapter and have less chance for loss in quality.

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 10
a Zu Pivot RCA-Mini cable would go directly from your Emu 0404 RCA's to the amp.....eliminating all of the separate junk in your diagram, plus giving you the very good Zu quality for that piece.........Zu regularly sells on ebay.

Dec 16, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 10
Setup looks fine to me, but I guess if you really didn't want any degrading of sound quality you would want to go straight with one cable from the soundcard to the amp as suggested above. I'm not sure how much the sound will degrade or not as I have not tried that before, but I'm sure it's definitely a money saving solution than getting an upper end cable. Thus your setup may be more bang for the buck to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back